Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2024, 06:52 PM   #1

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Sanford , North Carolina
Anyone experienced and willing to assist with Lithium upgrade?

Hi there,

I have a 2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext w/ 300w solar. I have already upgraded the inverter, but need someone experienced in upgrading to lithium so the correct components are used to protect the chassis alternator when charging the house battery while driving. I am currently in NM, heading north through CO and into WY by the end of May. I will be in WY the month of June. I am willing to travel and of course to pay. Let me know if you are willing and interested to help. Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations on a reputable technician, I would love to hear them! I will not DIY this, but appreciate all of you who were about to reply with tips and instructions
Advintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:19 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Traverse City , Michigan
I see nobody has given an answer to you so here is my two cents. AM Solar out of Oregon is considered a premier installer. One of their staff vacations in Florida and does some installs there. I also heard they work with other installers.
Try reaching out to them and explain your situation and you might get some solid advice.
Heckler56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:05 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Canton , Michigan
I had a great experience with https://www.rvoffgridsolar.com/

They are just outside of Colorado Springs
h2oski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 05:09 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Plant City , Sunshine State on the west coast.
I'm sure you may want to stick with the VOLTA system and I am the owner of a different brand RV and am very happy with our system which may or may not be of interest to you. Out of Clearwater, Florida Click Here

Wish you much luck in bringing it all together. I'm an old Boondocker and have come to, enjoy long quiet operating nights. We can get 10 hours before charging at that is with 620ah setup and now they have 1240ah thinking that is 20 hours. Here is the link. would be interested in a video or what you have done in bringing this together why you are doing what you are doing etc. But I'm far from being as in-depth as many are on the systems.
Old 05-18-2024, 05:50 AM   #5
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler56 View Post
I see nobody has given an answer to you so here is my two cents. AM Solar out of Oregon is considered a premier installer.

^This^. When we rebuilt my Tradewind AM Solar designed the entire electrical system. They specified quality components and even provided the local installer a diagram as well as a conference call with me and the installer to make sure everyone was on the same page. Sure you probably can find a guy who claims to know how to do it (and who knows, he may) but AM Solar will take that unknown out of the equation.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 05:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
look at the victron energy product line. they all talk to each other and are easy to moniyor
WBCCI# 21212
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 07:53 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Common Courtesy

This is what grinds my gears…

As I’m getting older, that’s the one thing that I don’t like about one time posters. You spend your time typing away, giving what you feel is good advice or advice in general and get no feedback whatsoever.

I really don’t mind giving advice but at least have the common courtesy of responding or providing some feedback on the issue so others can learn and we can somehow figure it out together a solution.

Not a knock on AirForums as it’s not their fault but I guess it’s just this newer generation. Some folks on here whether the trailer or motorhome side have figured things out and are a wealth of knowledge and I’m one to thank them when I had issues and trying to pass it forward.

Lately, that’s the reason I stay away from responding to anyone that only has few posts.
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 01:24 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2023 25' Globetrotter
2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by StogieMan View Post
This is what grinds my gears…

As I’m getting older, that’s the one thing that I don’t like about one time posters. You spend your time typing away, giving what you feel is good advice or advice in general and get no feedback whatsoever.

I really don’t mind giving advice but at least have the common courtesy of responding or providing some feedback on the issue so others can learn and we can somehow figure it out together a solution.

Not a knock on AirForums as it’s not their fault but I guess it’s just this newer generation. Some folks on here whether the trailer or motorhome side have figured things out and are a wealth of knowledge and I’m one to thank them when I had issues and trying to pass it forward.

Lately, that’s the reason I stay away from responding to anyone that only has few posts.
To be fair he might be on the road, but it's probably as you say and I agree. Most of the time posters are gracious, but a number of times I've posted detail responses and then crickets. And many times it's low number posters.

But what burns my biscuits is when someone who didn't bother to read the thread posts a comment that repeats a point that was already made (sometimes mine). And...and comments like "That's a bad idea!" without any reasoning or why. And... and comments that have nothing to do with the OPs question (oops).
JeffKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 09:27 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKim View Post
To be fair he might be on the road, but it's probably as you say and I agree. Most of the time posters are gracious, but a number of times I've posted detail responses and then crickets. And many times it's low number posters.

But what burns my biscuits is when someone who didn't bother to read the thread posts a comment that repeats a point that was already made (sometimes mine). And...and comments like "That's a bad idea!" without any reasoning or why. And... and comments that have nothing to do with the OPs question (oops).
Iím glad that Iím not the only one hope that I didnít come off sounding like a jerk. Now, donít get me started on the rest of your comments which I agree with.
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote