Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #41
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Late to the game since you already found it... but in mine, if I recall correctly, there were only two red wires... so cutting either one was fine...

I cut one, place connectors and wired the switch into that... this way, if I ever need to work on the switch, I can disconnect the switch, connect the wires again and have it working in stock condition...

I placed my switch inside the cabinet... that wood there looked like the perfect place where it will not get switched on by mistake.

WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:46 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Madison , WISCONSIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
HAMMY JR - Yes, what JOHN said. The only switch style that may need extra wires is if you went with lighted led, i.e. the one where it is configurable (lit with switch off -or- lit with switch on -or- lit all the time).
As always the best ideas are always here on this forum. I got the LED push button switch, wired it such that the red light would be on when the propane valve is open. I mounted it above the Propane gas warning sensor (under the passenger side jump seat on my model). The cabinet wood was pretty thick here and I wasn't able to use the nut to fasten it in the back. I just used some silicone calk (the kind you use around electrical wires, it does not have a vinegar smell).
Another upgrade done which makes life easier!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Unhappy 2020 19’ IS LP valve

Boy....I sure wish I had my EXT now......there is NO way I can get access to the re LP valve wires inside the coach......I’ll be splicing into wires at the switch, then going into coach at the “low point” drains port. The weather seal was easily penetrated, will reseal with silicone.
On the 19 I’m afraid there is no easy way to go forward on the “curbside”. Will mount switch on lower bulkhead below bench seat/bed........
Great discussion folks.......