Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #1

Airstream B190

Looking for general info on the B190 vans. ie (1) years they were manufactured (2) what year was the spare tire moved inside the rig (3) anyone have any idea why the stopped building these rigs ?

Mine is a 91... purchased in 93 from a little ole lady in Arizona with
under 10k miles and 4.0 on the gen... 460 with FI and overdrive... I like the stock Ford dual fuel tanks for a total of about 40 gallons, which I don't think they had in later years. 44 k at this time all in Alaska... added the Daytron Satillite system this summer, CNN out in the bushes !

In reading the posts here related to the B190's I've not had any generator problems with the Onan Microlite and no leaks either, at least as yet !

Anyone wanting to share info n' pictures ?

Dave
Haines Alaska
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Lightbulb B-Van area!

I still would like to see a B-Van sub-group under the Airstream Motorhome Forum! I think it would bring a new group into the fold and make you feel much more welcome! (of course you are already very welcome! )
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I have a 91 B-van and had to replace my generator this summer. I'm not the original owner so I can't say how it was cared for before I got it. I'm more careful about running it regularly since I bought a new one.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #4

B-190 to sell

Hi, I have loved having our B-van (a 94) since 2000, but we have expanded our family with twins, and we no longer fit it, so I need to sell it. To stay with the other discussions, I'll add that I think the tire went into the rig in '97 when they reconfigured the bathroom, and we have had no trouble with our generator. We are the second owners and loved to microwave popcorn as we cruised down the road. I have listed our van on rvtrader.com, but everytime someone responds, they don't even know what an Airstream van looks like, and then they say its too big... or whatever. I think the best way to sell ours would be to contact Airstream owners who know what the B van is like. Any suggestions? Thanks , Colonial
colonial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #5
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Welcome to the forum. Kinda a sad note to start out with here, but we all understand.

You can post it in the for sale section here on the forum. There is also a classified ad section that is free to post on www.airstream.org and on airstream.net in their forum.

Hope that you are able to upgrade to somthing that will hold your newly expanded family and that it says Airstream on it!

BTW I may know of a 290 coming up for sale...........
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:32 PM   #6

thanks

Thank you so much for the welcome, and the information. I don't think my family will be going to any rally's or caravans for a while, but my husband and I can look forward to more of that when we retire.
colonial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #7

1970 25' Caravanner
Grand Junction , Colorado
B190

I recommend the B190.com forum.
JudithA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote: