Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2024, 02:20 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
2001 25' Excella
2001 30' Classic S/O
2022 Atlas
Western slope , Colorado
Airstream Atlas

In an attempt to bring more interest to this site by Atlas owners, or future owners, I thought I would start a thread about my Atlas, and a little about how I got there. (there is no Sprinter Class C (b+) forum) I have been a proud owner of 3 airstream travel trailers. Our first was a 25’ classic with twins in the back, second was a 30’ with a slide-out, and third a 27FB classic limited. Loved them all, and yes, all had issues. But being an airstream owner means having to take care of problems as they happen. Then sharing with the community, the trials and tribulation of those issues and how they were resolved.

Now, moving to the Atlas, yes we like it a lot. Wanted some greater mobility so bought it late last year, it was new but had been sitting on the lot for quite a while. It is a 2022 but should have been a 2023 as it was a very late delivery to the dealer. Is it perfect, well maybe like most everything it todays world. Yes, I have had issues and I will be posting in additional threads those issues that I have had with the Atlas and how I have resolved them. Here is a list so far:

Shower Pan...It is a know issue for some…..I resolved, yes fixed, this with a permanent fix. Cost, almost nothing and did not have to tear out the shower to do it.
Rough Ride….May be the reason for so many of the Atlas cracks that people have complained about. I have resolved this and I enjoy the ride.
Stabilizers. I think this is more of a user problem, Had one stuck in the down position, now I have no problems using them.
Rattles…had several but small issues to quieten down.

Things that could be better…
Maybe a recirculation loop on the hot water so none or very little is wasted in the shower. Im working this...
Better sound from the Mercedes MBUX
Realistic fuel use on the display…Last round trip shows 12.9mpg on the display but actual fuel use shows 17.5. filled to the top each time…
Tires….I’ll get to that later and goes back to ride quality

Best to all....
Old 01-02-2024, 06:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
The Atlas is a very nice rig. I looked at one during my factory tour in May last year.

Looking forward t your further posts on how you resolved the Rough Ride issues.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:41 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
Hickory , Montana
Atlas update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
In an attempt to bring more interest to this site by Atlas owners, or future owners, I thought I would start a thread about my Atlas, and a little about how I got there. (there is no Sprinter Class C (b+) forum) I have been a proud owner of 3 airstream travel trailers. Our first was a 25’ classic with twins in the back, second was a 30’ with a slide-out, and third a 27FB classic limited. Loved them all, and yes, all had issues. But being an airstream owner means having to take care of problems as they happen. Then sharing with the community, the trials and tribulation of those issues and how they were resolved.

Now, moving to the Atlas, yes we like it a lot. Wanted some greater mobility so bought it late last year, it was new but had been sitting on the lot for quite a while. It is a 2022 but should have been a 2023 as it was a very late delivery to the dealer. Is it perfect, well maybe like most everything it todays world. Yes, I have had issues and I will be posting in additional threads those issues that I have had with the Atlas and how I have resolved them. Here is a list so far:

Shower Pan...It is a know issue for some…..I resolved, yes fixed, this with a permanent fix. Cost, almost nothing and did not have to tear out the shower to do it.
Rough Ride….May be the reason for so many of the Atlas cracks that people have complained about. I have resolved this and I enjoy the ride.
Stabilizers. I think this is more of a user problem, Had one stuck in the down position, now I have no problems using them.
Rattles…had several but small issues to quieten down.

Things that could be better…
Maybe a recirculation loop on the hot water so none or very little is wasted in the shower. Im working this...
Better sound from the Mercedes MBUX
Realistic fuel use on the display…Last round trip shows 12.9mpg on the display but actual fuel use shows 17.5. filled to the top each time…
Tires….I’ll get to that later and goes back to ride quality

Best to all....
Hi, I am considering purchasing the Atlas and your post is very interesting, hopefully you can provide us with more recent updates and how you fixed the showerpan?
Rmanbike is offline   Reply With Quote