Setting up a Verizon ir other SIM card to the wireless router that the Airstream Connect uses is relatively simple - it just requires a laptop computer (or phone) and just a little bit of computer savvy.
Airstream Connect is preconfigured to use an AT&T account - as it already has the SIM car installed inside. What you need to do is:
- procure a SIM card from a cellular supplier preconfigured. (I went to Verizon and bought a wifi hotspot and had it set up to run with 100 gig/month service level)
- access the wifi router that is part of the Airstream Connect (AC)
- power off the router
- remove the two SIM cards from the AC router
- insert the SIM card from the Verizon wifi hotspot into one of the two slots on the
Airstream Connect router.
- Note that the Airstream Connect uses the Peplink MAAX Series wifi router - simply do a google search and get the set up instructions and follow them. You will need your laptop (preferred) or cell phone (screen will be a bit tiny to see everything) to navigate the required steps to set up the router. Suggestion: Make sure you do a full reset to the Peplink router before you start your configuration that the instructions specify.
The entire process should take less than 30 minutes.....and once completed, it will provide a very cost effective way to stream television to your Airstream from your preferred provider (Hulu, Xfinity, Spectrum, Apple TV, etc.). In addition, the wifi can be used for a variety of other uses you may require. I have found that the antenna that is part of Airstream Connect is very effective at signal procurement. I have zero issues with the set-up I did.