Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
I got an airbag recall notice long ago. I called and they didn't have the parts available, and downplayed the issue as being mostly in warmer climates. In the last few months I have got multiple phone calls and mailings. Apparently parts are now available and/or it is more of a problem than they first admitted to.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #102
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I got an airbag recall notice long ago. I called and they didn't have the parts available, and downplayed the issue as being mostly in warmer climates. In the last few months I have got multiple phone calls and mailings. Apparently parts are now available and/or it is more of a problem than they first admitted to.
I don't remember getting a previous letter on the passenger airbag, but I just received a letter from MB saying parts were now available to replace the passenger airbag. I plan to get the replacement on my next service later this month.

I had my driver airbag replaced last year.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
TITUS, MIKE - Me too. The letter was so aggressive/threatening. This -

"Failure to do so could be deemed lack of proper maintenance on your vehicle"

HUH? Now it's critical after they waste 6-months before getting to me?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Lake Mary , Florida
Thanks for reminding guys, I will also check the passenger one with a local dealer.
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #105
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
This is pretty bad thing that has gone on for years now. People in warmer areas with more humidity are at greater risk, so they get preference, but what if your car was in humid areas for years and now isn't? I guess regulators are not pushing really hard because Takata may go under if they have to offer replacement parts as fast as they should. So far neither of our vehicles have been listed and I don't think they were recalled in the humid states either. But vehicles off the list for years, suddenly show up and how nice to think you were at risk all this time and didn't know it.

I have considered disconnecting the air bags to keep metal shards out of our bodies, but figured the risk of that was fairly small, so I didn't do it.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Had driver side replaced earlier this year. Just a few days later, I received the recall notice for the passenger side airbag. Last week I received the “parts are available” letter. Will make arrangements for that one when I get Seemore back from the upfitter that is modifying cabinets and replacing couch with twin beds. Should be ready sometime in Feb.