Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

AI 2014 side step trouble. Please help!

Hello all. As soon as I thought we had straightened out all the quirks, the side step has stopped retracting. We tried the obvious. Flipping the "step hold" switch, making sure all the doors were closed. But even with the coach running, the side step will not go back in. This is not supposed to happen. Has anyone else had this issue? Airstream customer service is closed for the holidays and we are traveling. We are a bit nervous with driving with it out.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
There should be a fuse for the step, which may be blown. Open the driver's door and look for the fuse panel in the driver's seat pedestal. All Airstream-installed components that operate from the chassis battery (step, awning, etc.) have their fuses in that panel.

But a stuck step isn't the end of the world. The van remains perfectly driveable; you just have to make sure you don't scrape a curb with the extended step.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks! It randomly decided to go back in after driving around a bit and restarting. But as usual, I learn so much from your replies. Thank you!
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote