Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Petersburg , Florida
Additional Bunk for Interstate??

Seeking a sleeping solution - would like to have an additional bunk (to sleep one child or adult) in the front of the van using the driver and passenger seats turned inward/rearward as support bases. Has anybody seen such a solution?

Thanks for the help.
PirateChris
PirateChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you use the search box at the top of your page, and enter “extra bed in Interstate” , there are a number of threads on this subject, as well as pictures.

Good luck.

Maggie
Old 01-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Libertyville , Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	331537
Schmitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
We bought the Pleasure Way version. It has worked well for us. Airstream sells a version for about 6x the cost.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
PIRATECHRIS - As MAGGIE said, yes please do a search and you will pull up many, many suggestions from cheap to ridiculous (more than you may care to try - including mine ). WACHUKO has fabricated a really good one. And I also bought same Pleasure Way front air mattress that TOBBUN did.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Petersburg , Florida
Many Thanks

Many thanks. Perfect solution...just didn't know what to call it or where to look

Chris

UOTE=Alex AVI;2199258]PIRATECHRIS - As MAGGIE said, yes please do a search and you will pull up many, many suggestions from cheap to ridiculous (more than you may care to try - including mine ). WACHUKO has fabricated a really good one. And I also bought same Pleasure Way front air mattress that TOBBUN did.[/QUOTE]
PirateChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
mooresville , North Carolina
looking through posts about inflatable mattress for Interstate and saw your earlier post. are you still happy with the pleasure way mattress? When not inflated, does it take up a lot of room? thx for any info.
DogMobile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMobile1 View Post
looking through posts about inflatable mattress for Interstate and saw your earlier post. are you still happy with the pleasure way mattress? When not inflated, does it take up a lot of room? thx for any info.
DOGMOBILE1 - read this thread Interstate's New Front Bed System to see more options.

As far as the Pleasure Way, I like it, used it many times, I have no issue with it's build quality, and comfort. But I stopped using it on regular basis for convenience. It is a bit time consuming to setup and then store on a nightly basis, especially since we like to go to campgrounds, then explore the local area during the day using the AI. So, I choose to use the less comfortable option but faster to deploy & store. The Pleasure Way takes up no more room than a typical air mattress but of 2x it's size (due to the additional bottom bolsters)
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote