Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #101
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Still use original battery box

Has anyone added the 4 batteries in the storage box and replaced the 2 in the original box to have 6 - 6 volts for a total of 660 AH? I am not a user of the inverter so I have no need to use the original battery box space for a new inverter. With 660 AH I should be able to keep up with my power usage with just an every-3rd day or so engine or genset run.

We lived aboard boats for 8 years including time in Alaska and Mexico so we can be pretty frugal power users.

Although I had installed solar panels and a wind generator on the boat, I am alittle hesitant to take on the project of adding more solar to the coach. The thought of drilling more holes in the roof is not appealing. We just have the stock 50 watt panel now.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote