Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
MATAGORDA , TX
2021 Interstate Lounge Lots of questions

We have just purchased, received a quick run thru from dealer. That said lots of questions, I think that I have finally worked the Airstream Connected with both wifi and ATT connection. I started on the entertainment part of the package, I was told that the best way to go for tv was to use internet (Netflix, amazon etc) to connect. I couldnt find anyway to the rear tv to connect the internet (other set i have used provided this as a option on source selection), do I need to purchase something else and will that work on both TVs.

What to and how do you connect the 2 Bluetooth headsets that came with set up?

There appears to be 2 radios in the until the person that provided the run thru told us the back unit was for the sound system (I didn't stop him and make him provide more detail my bad) unable to pull up radio on it dont know what it is for.

I also have a question on the plug in power, I believe that I was told the adaptor for 20 amp could be used to maintain the batteries but would not run the a/c. Plugged into house current and everything is working.

Thanks

PS new to forums not sure what I am doing on this as well
Matagorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to help, but will have to let those with the latest technology help you on this one.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Great Falls , Virginia
Red face

Have you checked out the How-to videos on the airstream site? Looks like there is voice command... looks like you can just ask "mercedes"

https://www.airstream.com/owners/how-to-videos/

AI Facebook Group

k9jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:29 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
MATAGORDA , TX
There is but only for the mb part of the unit.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
Los Angeles , California
2021 Interstate 24 Lounge owner here as well, just picked up the coach last week.

I work on my cars and have a background of electronics as well as construction, but i took the walkthrough at the dealer anyways...

from my experience, the tech who did my walkthrough, he had no idea about the 2021s. i think my unit was one of the first they received.

the 2x bluetooth headset are for the front TV, there's a bluetooth transmitter mounted on the back of the TV. the manuals for the bluetooth, headsets are in the airstream bag.

The rear TV is not connected to any speaker or anything else.

Both TVs are not internet capable. you need to bring your own TV box such as Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, chromecast...etc, and connect it to the HDMI cables in the cabinet where it house the main control panels. and then connect them to your wifi

The overhead Sony radio powers the rear speakers only

the factory MB radio powers only the front compartment, the sound quality is a joke

You can indeed run the A/C from the 110v adapter, but connect the adapter to a wall plug, not a power strip, it draws so much power and will certainly trip the breaker on the power strip(if there's one).
mike2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
MATAGORDA , TX
Thanks

Thanks you very much, your post answers a lot of question, I didnt see the Bluetooth adaptor, very surprised that Airstream didnt install Bluetooth TVs. There a 2 HDMI cords do you know the purpose of that?
Old 10-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matagorda View Post
Thanks you very much, your post answers a lot of question, I didnt see the Bluetooth adaptor, very surprised that Airstream didnt install Bluetooth TVs. There a 2 HDMI cords do you know the purpose of that?
the 2 HDMI cords in the overhead cabinet ?

they are connected to the front and rear TVs. that's where you would put your TV boxes and connect them, since there's power outlet in there.
mike2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Being hit with cold weather, work at home, researching on winter Airstream projects, and wanting to be out in our Airstream, I hope not to look like an airforums hog but it's darn boring right now. Therefore my advice is only based on what has been learned on my older Airstream model.

If your AC unit is like our older Interstate units, you do not want to run it off 20 amp breaker service even though it seems like it will run. The amps your compressor pulls when it kicks on is higher than what a 20 amp breaker and regular household outlet should have running through it. It is also very hard on your compressor and AC unit because it's running almost short of what it needs to kick on.

Some install a soft start unit on their AC units to help with the problem. I'm not sure if they recommend running it off a 20 amp outlet with the soft start or not though. Best is to have a dedicated 30 amp RV service or run your generator when you use your AC unit unless anything has been changed. It sounds like if you got that advice from your dealer, I doubt they changed anything on the AC unit that would make it work any differently than our older models. I'd strongly advise you to check with a reputable dealer or Airstream before risking burning out your new AC unit, just to make sure.

Welcome to the group and congrats on your purchase!
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
LaCanada , California
I too am a new owner of 2021 Interstate GL and received our Direct TV receiver today; however, the receiver doesn’t fit in the space where the main electrical/inverter is situated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tnolan4218 is offline   Reply With Quote