Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2019 ​Interstate Nineteen
Prince George , Virginia
Just a quick question, new to AI 19 here.What does the red kill switch do? Does it disconnect all electronics from the battery? Both start and house battery ? Should I switch it to OFF before I leave the coach at night? to prevent the generator to start up? Any answer would be greatly appreciated.
mcintoshMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #102
old/new member

Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by preedtx View Post
7/19/2019 Just thought i would update my order status. Unit is due "shortly".
I am remiss in updating my 2020 Interstate status. Picked it up on July 24. Stayed a couple of nights in a Special K. Parked in a normal sized parking spot at a popular steak house. Brought it home on Friday. It has been in my air conditioned workshop ever since. Texas temperatures around 100. I have been busy checking things out. The 200 mile drive home was wonderful. Have owned several different motorhomes in the past, Class C, Class A, diesel pushers… the new 2019+ Mercedes chassis is the best. All the new safety features, adaptive cruise control. Oh my. Now on to cabin. I will add to the LOUD AC discussion. As well as the bathroom faucet feature. Had a “mishap” the first night. Solution pictured. But so far, no real issues found. That is what worries me. Will update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	348343  
preedtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
PREEDTX - Wow! Thats high praise from you considering the full range of rv's you have owned. Congrats on the new toy & a succesful maiden voyage. There are hundreds of big or small tweaks you can do to make it even better, just search away. Having an enclosed air conditioned workshop while doing mods makes it soooo nice. Mine is inside garage too but not air conditioned. But it is insulated and still big help in summer. It is cooler this weekend, only 106 vs. 112 last week Welcome to the forum.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #104
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
I would like to store image of my 19 AI some where on the internet that will give me the http://. Which website would you recommend ? Try iCloud it does not give you the http:// my iPhone does not give me a camera icon.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:21 AM   #105
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by preedtx View Post
I am remiss in updating my 2020 Interstate status. Picked it up on July 24. Stayed a couple of nights in a Special K. Parked in a normal sized parking spot at a popular steak house. Brought it home on Friday. It has been in my air conditioned workshop ever since. Texas temperatures around 100. I have been busy checking things out. The 200 mile drive home was wonderful. Have owned several different motorhomes in the past, Class C, Class A, diesel pushers… the new 2019+ Mercedes chassis is the best. All the new safety features, adaptive cruise control. Oh my. Now on to cabin. I will add to the LOUD AC discussion. As well as the bathroom faucet feature. Had a “mishap” the first night. Solution pictured. But so far, no real issues found. That is what worries me. Will update.
Good reason to keep a rubber band around.BTW what happens ?
Old 08-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshMD View Post
Good reason to keep a rubber band around.BTW what happens ?

I'm curious too. Did the faucet handle work itself on, or did the spout work it's way out?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #107
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
OT

Did anyone here consider a Winnebago Revel?

https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...revel/overview
https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...-digital.x.pdf
AF Revel mentions: https://www.google.com/search?q=Winn...com&gws_rd=ssl

One mention in the other 19' thread:

[click on orange arrow in quote to go directly to that post]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I watched parts of the RVX Revel videos last night and noticed that the Airstream Interstate 19 was one of the top picks by judges in the "Urban Travel" category.
Looks pretty nice IMO.

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #108
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Did anyone here consider a Winnebago Revel?

Looks pretty nice IMO.
OTRA15 - last year right after I attended the Pomona CA rv show, I posted that I thought the Revel had some nice & interesting ideas for those seeking a shorty-semi-off-roader. Only response was negative. So I did not post any more beyond the few words & 1 pic
Old 08-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #109
old/new member

Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I'm curious too. Did the faucet handle work itself on, or did the spout work it's way out?
There have been a few reports in this forum of the bath faucet handle being bumped on or not totally turned off, usually during a late night visit. It sticks out away from the faucet/sink. Drips/slow run can either overflow the sink if plugged. the shower bottom if plugged or even worst case fill up the gray tank and overflow the shower area into the aisle floor. I have seen a post of someone trying to swivel the faucet mount toward the sink wall but with little success. I have not seen a post of a complete solution except the work around.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #110
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
We are in the habit of turning the pump on/off each time we use either sink or use the shower or flush the toilet. I am sure that sounds like a pain to most of you, but it is now second nature to us and it avoids any possibility of flooding.

Ditto with the inside LPG switch: Turn it on just before using the furnace, stove, water heater, or generator and off just after usage.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:24 PM   #111
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Prince George , Virginia
Good point, learn something every day, thank you.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
OTRA15 - last year right after I attended the Pomona CA rv show, I posted that I thought the Revel had some nice & interesting ideas for those seeking a shorty-semi-off-roader. Only response was negative. So I did not post any more beyond the few words & 1 pic
Thanks, I missed that thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...cs-188207.html

Peter

PS -- We return to our regularly scheduled programming.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #113
old/new member

Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshMD View Post
What is the rattle noise that come from the direction of the galley on my 2020 AI 19? It scares my dog. Anyone has experience or remedy for tis?
There was a previous mention of the sliding door rattling. I have found that there are cover plates under each side sofa that are visible when the cushions are slid out that rattle badly on my unit. Have added pieces of foam in places to quiet. I tried to figure out how one easily gets to the water pump filter to check it as the manual suggests. I called AS customer service to ask if it was necessary to remove the seat mechanism and this cover plate. The rep was not sure but would get back to me. Didn't say when. Ha.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #114
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Ouray , Colorado
2020 Seatbelt Question

Does anyone know how many seatbelts are in the new 2020 19? Also are their rear head rests? In the pictures / videos I no longer see them.

We were hoping with the new MB frame changes, we could use the 19' as a day tripper for up to 6 or 7 passengers (3 children). I "think" the side seats by the bed could each fit another passenger as the design is similar to its bigger brothers. Does anyone know?

It would be great to use this like a mini-van that could hold 7 for a day trip, and then with the Cabbunk bunk bed design take along 2 kids over-night on the rare occasion :-)

Thanks!!
jasperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #115
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperkins View Post
Does anyone know how many seatbelts are in the new 2020 19? Also are their rear head rests? In the pictures / videos I no longer see them.

We were hoping with the new MB frame changes, we could use the 19' as a day tripper for up to 6 or 7 passengers (3 children). I "think" the side seats by the bed could each fit another passenger as the design is similar to its bigger brothers. Does anyone know?

It would be great to use this like a mini-van that could hold 7 for a day trip, and then with the Cabbunk bunk bed design take along 2 kids over-night on the rare occasion :-)

Thanks!!
JASPERKINS - Unfortunately, if transporting 7 people will require the AI EXT. I have the Lounge floorplan with 9 legal seatbelts. But it is really only comfortable for 7 people for any trip longer than a trip to the local grocery or park. We use ours all the time as a local people mover and have only put 9 on a trip from home to local restaurant.

The Nineteen is a 4 seater as of todays posted brochure (this & other specs can be downloaded from their website). I also attach latest pics of rear sofa showing the seatbelts where it attaches to rear floor storage area. Taken from my dealer inventory a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_124611.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	349014   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_123258.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	349015  

Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #116
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
I watched the video below last night and found it very interesting when the CEO Dean Rumpel of PleasureWay spoke about MB chassis. He said that some of the MB chassis options that his family owned business ordered from MB were not being delivered as ordered. He even used the MBUX as an example of how they ordered them with the 10.25" screen but sometimes they get the 7" screen. He also mentioned that PleasureWay isn't accepting dealer special orders due to not knowing exactly what options will arrive in a unit.

jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
We are in the habit of turning the pump on/off each time we use either sink or use the shower or flush the toilet. I am sure that sounds like a pain to most of you, but it is now second nature to us and it avoids any possibility of flooding.
I've always done that.
It takes an additional 2 seconds? Why supply power to a pump that's trying to force water through a line with only a faucet to hold it back? Give it a rest!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #118
old/new member

Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I've always done that.
It takes an additional 2 seconds? Why supply power to a pump that's trying to force water through a line with only a faucet to hold it back? Give it a rest!
I'm assuming you don't have the new improved method of the multi-screen CZONE control panels for the water pump located more than an arms length from the bathroom door but have a simple perfectly adequate on/off switch or two. But i agree still worth the effort.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #119
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
TITUS - now that we are in our 2nd yr, we finally in this habit. It is not a pain (never was), we just plain forget at times. But now, entire fam knows which screen & button on Firefly screen to activate. Even 4 yr. old grandson points to Firefly main panel (not the secondary panels) and yells "water bump" (yes, Bump not Pump) before asking to use the toilet. Training them early to minimize flood risk.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #120
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Funny. Kids learn things so much faster that us older folks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote