Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Kildeer , Illinois
2019 Interstate Longe - new owners questions

Getting to know my new 2019 IS Lounge. 2 quick questions:
1). The fuses on the side of the drivers seat are not labeled. Any idea if there is a label diagram somewhere.
2). I have 4 batteries, 2 on each side. If I disconnect any one of the negative battery cables, does it disconnect all systems?
Thanks!
Mikemdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
The fuse allocations are located in the Mercedes Sprinter owner's manual.

I don't know enough about the 2019 model to answer your question about the batteries. Probably best to contact your dealer for that info. The wiring diagrams in the back of the Airstream Interstate owner's manual might help you understand how your rig is wired.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Kildeer , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The fuse allocations are located in the Mercedes Sprinter owner's manual.

I don't know enough about the 2019 model to answer your question about the batteries. Probably best to contact your dealer for that info. The wiring diagrams in the back of the Airstream Interstate owner's manual might help you understand how your rig is wired.
Thanks. I read the Sprinter Owners Manual but did not see the fuse allocations. I assumed the fuses were proprietary to AS and not MB since the equipment is not MB sourced or designed. I’ll look again in case I missed something. I’ll also take another look at the wiring diagram but not particularly electrical savvy.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Auburn , Georgia
You should have a supplement for the fuses under the seat and under the hood. The steps and awning are powered from fuses under the seat. The coach wiring is protected by a seperate panel installed by Airstream.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_042518.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	337488  
GETRIDAONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemdd View Post
Thanks. I read the Sprinter Owners Manual but did not see the fuse allocations. I assumed the fuses were proprietary to AS and not MB since the equipment is not MB sourced or designed. I’ll look again in case I missed something. I’ll also take another look at the wiring diagram but not particularly electrical savvy.
OK - I just looked at the 2018 Sprinter owner's manual and it does not contain the fuse allocations like my 2012 manual.

Looking at the Mercedes Sprinter web site it looks like they haven't offered a new version of the fuse allocation manual since the 2015 model year. I imagine that means the fuses are the same on the 2018 models.

If you didn't get a paper copy of the fuse allocation manual with your owner's manual - it can be downloaded from the Sprinter site.

https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owne...nuals#year2015
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Kildeer , Illinois
I received the fuse allocation booklet from Sprinter for my 2019 model but it is only for the baseline Sprinter wiring. It has nothing related to what Airstream adds. The AS Owners Manual has electrical drawings but no fuse list (some notes are buried in the fine print of the schematics). Also, with regards to my question on whether disconnecting one negative terminal from the 4 batteries will disconnect all, the wiring schematics in my AS Owners Manual only shows 2 batteries. One would think that providing a fuse allocation summary from AS would be a requirement. If a circuit is having a problem, you pretty much have to pull every fuse to see if any are blown. Not good...
Old 04-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #7
DNM
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Madison , South Dakota
With respect to battery disconnect. Disconnect the negative lead that goes to chassis ground. In mine it enters the coach just aft of the wheel well DS to a stud under the cup holder, don't need to disconnect between batteries. Don't forget to remove the negative disconnect (above the accelerator pedal)for the chassis battery, they are connected through the BIM sometimes but better to be safe. Also don't disconnect chassis battery until you have removed the key from ignition and waited approximately 10 min for the electronics to power down. other wise it is a trip to the dealer for a reset.
Be safe
Bob
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote