Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
2018 Macerator hose

Hi - I have searched and found great info on older model macerator hoses. It looks like they are 0.75" ID and 1" OD. Does anyone happen to know if the 2018 model uses the same size hose (0.75 ID)?

It would really be simpler if they used the standard Clean Dump hose (given the Clean Dump is clearly the system since its labeled on the inside of the macerator control panel door)....but obviously they haven't been in the past.

Thanks for any help!
mountaindrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
I don't have a newer Interstate but I don't believe they have changed the hose size because a 1" ID (1.25" OD) will not fit on the take-up wheel they use (or rather, the hose would not be very long).

The use of a .75" ID hose puts pressure on the pump and I've had to replace mine once because of a bolt on the housing failing likely because of this issue.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:55 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Box Elder , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindrm View Post
Hi - I have searched and found great info on older model macerator hoses. It looks like they are 0.75" ID and 1" OD. Does anyone happen to know if the 2018 model uses the same size hose (0.75 ID)?

It would really be simpler if they used the standard Clean Dump hose (given the Clean Dump is clearly the system since its labeled on the inside of the macerator control panel door)....but obviously they haven't been in the past.

Thanks for any help!
Verify your model number - this is on my 2012.

Macerator 3" Waste Pump By Flojet 18550-000A
The Flojet Macerator pump grinds waste into small particles as it pumps. This allows the use of a 1" hose for waste discharge outlet. Available with 1 1/2" combination barb-threaded inlet or a 3" slip fitting inlet. The outlet is a 1" barb fitting. Fast holding tank pump outs only 3-4 minutes for a 30 gallon holding tank.
gbwsf is offline   Reply With Quote