Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Says INTERSTATE Version 4.7 on rear of front panel, not Classic 30 or 33

I take it back. They didn't do ready/fire/aim. They just did FIRE!!!!
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #42
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Wink

I am just going to call it a "whatever!" - as long as it is working.

Follow up response I received.

Quote:
Ah yes, I stand corrected. The standard Interstate is at 4.7 as well as the classics, however, the Tommy Bahama Interstate is at 1.5/1.6.

Enjoy coach!

Jerry Maurer

Subject: Re: RE: Web Form Submission

Jerry,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have a 2018 Airstream Interstate Tommy Bahamas. A motor home, not a trailer (photo attached).

Reaching out since a fellow forum member just did the update to the same Airstream Interstate that I have... so imagine my surprised when he shared having upgraded to 4.7 when I was on 1.5

So based on your email... I should be fine if everything is working as expected (which it is). Cool!

Thank you
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I am just going to call it a "whatever!" - as long as it is working.

Follow up response I received.

LOL!

And the TB is at a significantly different rev level because it is so different from the rest of the lineup?!?!

They need to keep working on their story. It's not coated in enough salt yet....
Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #44

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
LOL!

And the TB is at a significantly different rev level because it is so different from the rest of the lineup?!?!

They need to keep working on their story. It's not coated in enough salt yet....
Different shades/blinds
Additional lights in bar and...can't remember what else... lol...
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Different shades/blinds
Additional lights in bar and...can't remember what else... lol...

3 major revisions different for lights in the bar and different blinds?!?!

I give up....
Old 05-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
I take it back. They didn't do ready/fire/aim. They just did FIRE!!!!
FIRE in the hole !

Quote:
Yeah. And does not expalin LEW's version, he has a GT not a TB. I have a Lounge which is closer to TB. WACHUKO - just take it from a 35yr engineer from Hewlett-Packard. I have been on both sides of firmware updates. You don't want to be updating just for the sake of having the latest of everything. It ain't all it's cracked up to be. FLYFISHINRVR can probably attest to that too. I seen way too many IT Managers jump the firmware update bandwagon when things are running fine, only to see problems due to it. If it ain't broke, no fixie-fixie. But then again, we keep doing mods on perfectly good running stuff. So maybe this is our karma/god/deity/universe/intelligent designer (insert your own beliefs here) punishing us; we are all doomed
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
If it ain't broke, no fixie-fixie. But then again, we keep doing mods on perfectly good running stuff.
Amen to that!

I'll use my Fusion as the poster child for this behavior. I kept updating it as updates became available to try to get better stability and at least SOME functionality out of the Auto+ app. After nearly bricking my Fusion on my last attempt, I decided to punt on Auto+ and just be satisfied that the Fusion worked at all.

What I find frustrating, and Alex and I have chatted about this, is back in the day (yeah yeah...when dinosaurs roamed the earth, blah blah.... ) releasing a product with critical flaws like features and functions just not working was a mark of shame (and likely the loss of your job!). Today, major flaws on release seems to be Normal Operating Procedure and they'll just "fix it in the next rev". While this may be all fun and games to the nitwits who think this is OK, it's a bit more concerning when people are dying because their vehicle's autopilot is "still in testing phase" but the company enables it anyway so people can use it to allow them to collect actual usage data to make it hopefully, one day, function as intended. Talk about using your customers, and REAL PEOPLE, as crash test dummies!!!! And they think this is OK!!!! And nobody is stopping them!!!

I can't wait for this same batch of nitwits with the same flawed ideas on product development to create AI for military use and because of some shoddy testing the crazy robot executes "kill everyone" instead of "kill the bad guys marked on the map". Think I'm nuts? Check out the group at Google that just quit because they found out their AI project was going to be used for military drones......

OK, I'm off to go dig my doomsday bunker a little deeper.....
Old 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #48

Orlando , Florida
Smile

In the words of a famous future philosopher...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Term.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	311309  
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

Washington & Key Largo , Pa. & Fl.
Mine is a TB

My coach is a TB and according to Firefly the 1.5 and 1.6 for the TB are correct.
All working well now
LewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #50
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
LEW - I think you mentioned this in your PM to me but probably worth mentioning here. You said you wished that there was a mode such that after thermostat was satisfied by A/C, that the low fan would just keep running (sort of how I run my house A/C's every so often, to keep air circulating). I wished also. I will try to do some research when I get back from Grand Junction but won't be for awhile.

The irony of this wish is (in my case, not sure if same on your TB) before the fix, the A/C compressor & high fan would try to satisfy thermostat and if could not do so within the 3 minutes, compressor shuts off but fan just keeps running forever until you raise target temp or turn off Cool mode to shut it off. So now that our units are cooling down properly, we wish the fan would run continuously. But we had that feature before the upgrade and they took it away
Old 05-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

Washington & Key Largo , Pa. & Fl.
Thanks Alex enjoy your trip,
My reason for wanting to run the fan on low after the thermostat is satisfied is to keep the background noise constant instead of being jolted out of sleep by the loud sound of the a/c cycling on and off. Additionally the fan will keep the air circulating in the coach while it is closed up.

I wonder if the pre Firefly interstates with the conventional t-stats allow continuous operation of the fan?
LewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewK View Post
Additionally the fan will keep the air circulating in the coach while it is closed up.

I wonder if the pre Firefly interstates with the conventional t-stats allow continuous operation of the fan?

If not, a small, efficient DC fan should do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/OPOLAR-Includ...c+electric+fan

Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #53
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
It will do the trick with air circulation BUT the biggie LEW was talking about (as is my concern as well) is the loud noise generated by A/C when it cycles back on. It would be nice to have the Dometic fan still running when compressor is off so light sleepers do not get awakened everytime A/C turns on. But just happy my A/C works now
Old 05-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #54

Orlando , Florida
I am lost... right now I leave the A/C fan manually on low... to have that white noise constant and avoid noticing the compressor turning on and off...

What are you all talking about??
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #55
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
I am lost... right now I leave the A/C fan manually on low... to have that white noise constant and avoid noticing the compressor turning on and off...

What are you all talking about??
LEW and I have tried that with Low Cool (not Auto) and fan shuts off when thermostat is satisfied
Old 05-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #56
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Thumbs up

Quote:
NICE! I like this usb fan. Better than the cheapo I bought at Home Depot (not worth posting pic). Like the shape, would be easy to store. Though if I find suitable semi-permanent mounting location, will keep mounted. Will buy 2 primarily to pull air from front and push to rear when rv is on-road and only running MB A/C.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Great to know since I too have it. I have had good service from airstream tech support also. Will only call them from now on. My screen door just fell off and I could not get it to stay on, thus having to keep it inside and I was camping. One of the wheels was defective and they talked me thru getting it on and tightened down so I can at least finish my trip. In the 2018, the screen is in the open position to close the sliding door, so it's tightened to stay open until I get to them for service.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote