Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2022, 06:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
Springdale , Arkansas
2018 Interstate Lounge Generator Circuit Breaker

Hello,
Have a 2018 with built in Cummins generator.
I also have the touch screen panel.
In pressing the start button for the generator, nothing happens. I can hear the relay kick in, but no cranking whatsoever.
House batteries are good and show at 13+ volts.
Is there a circuit breaker on the generator itself?
How do you access it if so?
Anyone have a picture of how to get to it?
Thanks
Jeff
BlueMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:14 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Mount Jackson , VA
Do you have your propane on? And do you have propane? If it’s been a while since the propane has been on it could take a bit for the lines to fill. Our 2017 AI cranks right up, but we have a switch that you hold to start.
MountainLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
On my 2013 there is a circuit breaker on the generator. Remove the panel that you use to check the oil. I believe that it is on the lower right as you reach into the access hole. But from what I recall reading, that breaker keeps the generator from providing power, not from starting. You might check the battery cables - especially where they connect to the generator. The click that you hear might be the started solenoid engaging, but poor batter connections keep it from turning over. Like a car with a nearly-dead battery.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

While you have the cover off and are right next to the dip stick .... check the oil level. A lot of these generators have an oil level switch. It shuts everything down.

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote