Originally Posted by jasperkins
Hi! Happy to announce we are new Airstream Owners again! A few questions from the maiden voyage back home.
1. There are 2 GFCI outlets that keep tripping, or at least the 20amp breaker that controls these keep tripping. This only happens when I turn on the inverter. They work just fine on Shore and Gen power. Is this by design? Is this breaker supposed to trip whenever you turn on the Inverter? We are just trying to charge phone, and that is how we found out that last breaker which is a 20amp, keeps tripping when the Inverter is turned on.
2. Garmin / Fusion head unit. No steering wheel controls for audio or phone answer / disconnect. Maybe this is because it still needs 3.8 firmware?
3. Hot water heater. So to get Hot water on this new 2018 Interstate I need to turn on the Gas Water Water control panel button. However the hot water heater pulses hot water, and the control panel then throws the error - fault turn off and on again. Is this common?
4. The light switch dial does not illuminate at all. Is it supposed to, and it just needs a new bulb? There is no tire pressure monitoring system?? I really expected more bells / whistles on the MB chassis.
1. Yes. Happens to me a lot too... We just reset the breaker and move on. Have not looked into it any further.
2. If I remember correctly, only volume control works in mine...
3. Not common, something is wrong with it... (1) Turn on the propane gas switch (2) Turn Water Heater in control panel (3) Open faucet and water will be hot after a few minutes (so much for instant hot water and not wasting water
4. Not sure which one your are referring to... Center dash? On the steering wheel? Photo? And yes, not TPMS... I bought one for it.