Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 05:22 AM   #21

hinsdale , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Haasman, mineralfarme and M and R,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your power shades. If there is anything that we can assist with, please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

We look forward to helping you get this resolved. Thank You.
Hey folks .... thinking seriously about buying one of these. Stopped by store in southern wisco yesterday and they are beautiful. Seeing this post will cause me to pause and look at a different aftermarket company for my purchase. Unfortunately it hurts primary sales and resale values for current owners because buyers like me move on.
AS, I would do whatever you can to help these customers and make right by your designs and craftsmanship or suffer the inevitable consequences.
I'll check back before buying something because the AS brand is on another level due to reputation but this is a turn off and these things are big investments.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
eddieb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
I also would opt for manual shades if I had the choice. We had problems the first couple of trips. Now they all work except one sun shade stuck in the up position, and we just live with it.

Two tricks, I don't know if it makes a difference: 1) we store the van with the night shades lowered. That way they settle into the fully extended (straight) shape, rather than wound around the spindle. 2) We raise or lower only one window at a time, rather than the "all shades" mode.
BMW R1200GS
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Midwest city , Oklahoma
My 2017 interstate in shop now replacing shade/mtr...mid passenger & rear diver. I have been advised this is a new model shade to reduce shade issues. Shop has had my unit for 7 weeks...I am somewhat concerned this will not fix the shade issue and 7 weeks is simply not acceptable. My dealer is 5 miles from my location, however, future repairs will be done in FtWorth, Tx-5 Rivet dealer (3 hr drive). Exclusive AS dealer may or may not make difference???
Tstidstfm is offline   Reply With Quote