Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bellingham , Washington
2012 Interstate Dual Wardrobe, 2nd wardrobe removable?

We are looking for a class B Mercedes based motorhome. Last weekend, we looked at a 2012 Interstate non-extended with dual wardrobes. It seemed a bit claustrophobic with the second wardrobe on the passenger side adjacent to the sliding door. Is the right side wardrobe easily removable, and if so is it cosmetically acceptable when removed? Is it possible to fit a third seat to the location where the passenger side wardrobe was removed?

Other than the extra wardrobe, the unit we looked at seems to fit our anticipated needs. I am a total newbie when it comes to RVs of any kind although I have a 24 foot boat that we use in the saltwater for cruising and we are somewhat used to confined spaces. It is interesting to note the similarities as well; Novacool fridge, small propane stove, marine head with macerator pump, holding tanks, etc. Though on the boat the gray water is plumbed overboard!

Appreciate any input from the experienced RV folks.
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bellevue , Washington
I don't know about 2012 but on my 2016, everything seems to be using screws and should come apart. And importantly, the vinyl flooring goes all the way under the cabinets. The internal panels are also of the same type, i.e. finished, than the outside ones. So other than screw holes, you may be able to take it apart and have it be OK.

If you can, stick your head in there and see if you can locate the screws and verify that the floor is finished and such.

I am also a boat guy and do find a lot of similarities here. The experience is far better than boating though as the thing does not rock or slosh when you are sleeping.
amirm is offline   Reply With Quote