Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Farmington , New Hampshire
How "sound-proof" are the AS trailers?

I've got two eskies, which are great warning dogs. Nice when the hubby is at work, but wouldn't be so nice if we were in a park somewhere. The problem is that they don't just WOOF!, but they woofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoof....woof!

So, those of you that travel with dogs, how much of a problem is barking? Do the dogs become sensitized to outside noises, or are you consistently kicked out of your space for having noisy dogs? Mind you, both dogs are extremely well behaved, social, and supervised when we are all away from home (and have stayed in hotels before, successfully). I am just concerned about living in a parking lot, so to speak, even just short term, and having them go nuts with every little noise.
Lauran520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
We have two Toy Fox Terriers ourselves. One is silent (the male), the other isn't (the female). We've never encountered a problem with them, because we always take them with us, when we go somewhere. We have been in parks where people have bigger dogs who like to bark all the time, and it is a bit of a nuisance. I have a friend who conditioned his dogs with one of those shock collars, but I am not in favor of those....I think they ruin good dogs. My suggestion would be to talk with your vet and get his/her recommendation. Good luck.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
DayStreamer

2001 19' Bambi
Mesa , Arizona
We have traveled with two dogs for years, and we are quite sensitive about them barking when we are camping. I believe its quite annoying to others and i can't say I blame them. On the other hand, if your like us, you wouldn't think of traveling without the dogs. My advice is -- watch as many episodes of "The Dog whisperer" as you can and you should get some ideas on how to train them to travel without the bark. Caeser Milan is great and effective. The show is on National Geographic Channel, or he has some DVDs out. Also, we always let the camp host/owner know how to reach us if they become a problem.
02 Avalanche

Mesa Arizona
AIR #5591

grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We just keep ours with us, though I know can leave her alone, I would rather not anyway.

I wouldn't bother trying too hard to teach them not to bark - they're just being Eskies! It's like they say, don't try to teach a pig to sing, it frustrates you and annoys the pig! Actually the barking is a breed trait, and after many years of trying to tone it down, and consulting with very fine dog trainers (and taking many obediance classes) we have come to terms with the fact that that is just the way she is, and work around it.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote