Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Edie,
Yeah I would have never thought of a sweet potato as a cat toy either. He saw it on the table and started moving it around with his paw. he next thing i knew it was on the couch, and then he was carrying it around in his mouth. Who would have thought it.

Betsy
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
When I was staying at a KOA in Miami three weeks ago I met some folks who keep their cat in it's harness attached to a very long rope within their Motorhome at all times. The cat has adjusted to the rope and does not get all hung up on it. The rope is long enough for the cat to go outside (twice a day, to the end of their awning) and these folks never have to worry about their baby getting lost.

I'm thinking of trying this with my beloved cat Buddy as I'd love to have him come along with us without the fear of him getting out and getting lost.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #23

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
You should give it a try first. I was worried about our cat escaping, but she's quite content to just watch things going on. Didn't make a move for the door all weekend. Of course, she's kind of like that around the house too. Escaping to the harsh outdoors is not her thing, she'd rather pose on the couch and gaze out a window.

I'd hesitate to leave an animal tied while I was gone. I'd be afraid they'd get tangled up when I wasn't around to help.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Since the velcro idea worked, I guess thumb cuffs for the cat are out of the question! Glad that it worked.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
My cat Buddy is a former feral, we saved him from this fate when he was about 2 years old, he's about 12 now. He learned to become a pet within six months (that's wicked quick for an older feral to turn around) but he always is trying to get outside. At this point he just wants to eat some blades of grass in our yard but I'd hate for him to get outside of the Airstream and get lost. I think you are right about not keeping him tied up when we are not there, we'll just have to make sure to close the door and test the screens before we leave. Buddy has gone "streamin" with us twice, just weekend trips. He is great while we are in the camper but just try to be outside sitting around the campfire without him, he yowls to be let out so he can join us.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #26
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
We have some Friends as well as some unit members that keep a red 3 holed brick with a rope attached outside. The cats get attached to this brick when they want to be out. It will not stop them from moving, but will slow them down if they go to catch a bird. This way they can be out, and you don't have to be watching 100% of the time.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #27
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
We have some Friends as well as some unit members that keep a red 3 holed brick with a rope attached outside. The cats get attached to this brick when they want to be out. It will not stop them from moving, but will slow them down if they go to catch a bird. This way they can be out, and you don't have to be watching 100% of the time.
good idea brett, our younger cat liza has figured out how to open the new screen door i put on the house last weekend...she sounds like she is gonna die if left in the house alone.

i like it, cat on a brick!

john