Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #181
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOChucky View Post
Let me qualify my 100% obedience statement to you naysayers out there! First, a training program was performed and secondly, my dogs were 100% obedient to ME! Not with my wife, my children or anybody else. Although they did obey most of the time. They were 100% obedient to ME! Once I taught them to, "sit, heel, lie down, stay and come," they did so 100% of the time! I don't care where they were, who was around, what other dogs were around or any other distraction! 100%, everytime!!! I will admit, I never tried to get them to "stay" for two hours in one spot!

If you read my original post about being stopped by a cop for NOT having a leash on my dog. I said "I didn't even have a leash with me to put on the dog." I didn't have a leash with me because I DIDN'T NEED A LEASH! I KNEW my dog would obey me 100% of the time! Get it! After I gave the cop a demonstration, he DID NOT give me a ticket! He told me, he'd never seen anything like my dogs behavior before!!!!!!!

Really it doesn't bother me at all, but I am a naysayer and will likely never confront your 'training' in person. Carry on with the illusions. woofwoofwoofsitstayTETO

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 12-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #182
2 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Rio Rancho , New Mexico
Dog Control at Campgrounds!

Again I want to get the attention of you naysayers on 100% dog obedience. First I want you to know that I KNOW, YOU don’t have a 100% obedient dog! Let’s start there! That’s why you think there’s no such thing!

First, I only teach my dogs five commands, “sit”, “heel”, “lie down”, “come” and “stay”, not how to read the bible. They learn “go ahead” by themselves. This command let’s the dog know they can go about whatever THEY want to do. If you want to teach your dogs tricks, that’s fine. But teach the basics first. Then, teaching tricks will be VERY easy if you follow the routine below!

Here is the secret to 100% obedience. You teach the dog to “heel”, FIRST! You may think teaching “sit” or “lie down” would be easier to teach first and HEEL is hard to teach. I’m sure it is! This is the magic of teaching “heel” first! “HEEL” requires the dog to PAY ATTENTION, OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME! The other commands only require momentary attention by the dog and the command is usually executed by the dog in a few seconds and the dog is done.

Of course you start teaching HEEL with the dog on a leash, as you do with ALL the other commands also. You NEED a chain choker collar on the dog, ALWAYS, for the dog’s ENTIRE life! No other type of collar will do! A FINE link properly sized chain choker is best and looks the best too! Basically, the dog is held in the correct heel position as you walk with the leash attached to the choker collar. Eventually the dog will walk correctly. When he does, you change things, like walk faster, slower, run, jog, zig-zag. That’s when you get “tricky” with your moves. Dream them up! The idea is to create every sort of opportunity for the dog to know he MUST stay in the correct heel position. The ONLY way the dog can stay in the correct position, is to WATCH YOU CONSTANTLY! He cannot pay attention to anything else, just YOU!

There will be milestones in EACH different command sequence. When the dog accomplishes these milestones, the level of training is stepped up. With respect to HEEL, eventually, you’ll be able to walk the dog on HEEL, with no leash! Sitting when you stop walking is part of the HEEL routine. AND saying the dog’s name and HEEL ONCE, is also part of the routine! When done correctly, you too will have a dog who will HEEL PERFECTLY with NO LEASE, no matter what YOU DO!

Since the heeling routine has taught your dog to PAY ATTENTION over an extended period of time, teaching ANYTHING else is child’s play! The remaining commands are taught in the same manner. Show the dog what you want him to do, enforce the command, create milestones to enforce obedience in the dog’s mind and bring up his level of understanding the command. AND ONLY TELL HIM ONCE to perform ANY command!

The details for the entire training program can be found in the ultimate dog training book. “The Kohler Method of Guard Dog Training.” It’s an old book. There are many naysayers about the tactics the author uses, disregard the these people! These people are bleeding hearts, and cry babies. They will NEVER have a 100% obedient dog or even close! THEIR DOGS WILL BE THE BOSS OVER THEM! The authors credentials are impressive and he’s worked with the government in training dogs. The book is two books in one. First half is about guard dog training, the second half is about obedience training. I have studied the obedience training half. I’m not interested in creating a guard dog. The author calls guard dogs using his methods a “MAN STOPPER.” The term tells you all you need to know about what kind of guard dog his training will get you! I don’t need a “MAN STOPPER” and most of you don’t either!

YES, the author tells you how to CORRECT the dog during training routines! There HAS TO BE some sort of CORRECTION in order for the dog to get the message! The correction is NOT cruel or unusual, BUT it DOES let the dog know you’re not happy with their response or behavior! The “correction” needed declines as training progresses, as you would expect! A VERY important detail about correction is, you NEVER use your voice or hands on the dog, and you NEVER look at the dog when using correction! A VERY important detail! The leash is where the correction comes from! The dog never realizes the correction is coming from you, because you don’t look at the dog or speak to the dog. The dog thinks it’s an unknown force that’s watching him! This is why you end up with 100% obedience at first, then the 100% obedience becomes a HABIT! When the HABIT sets in, that’s when you don’t need a leash anymore, GET IT?

Keep in mind, the author’s obedience training only takes about 4 months to complete. THEN, you will have a 100% obedient dog for THE REST OF THE DOG’S LIFE! 4 months is a VERY short period within the dog’s life span! You’ll be able to take your dog ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, and KNOW he’ll BEHAVE and OBEY YOU PERFECTLY, NO MATTER WHAT! You’ll LOVE him and the dog will LOVE you too!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
CAPS will not make believers.

Hittenstiehl
Old 12-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #184

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Thread closed for housekeeping.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Closed Thread