Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Longport , New Jersey
wiring harness question

Recently, I purchased a 2008 LandCruiser for the purpose of towing our family airstream. It did not come with a wiring harness, so I purchased the hopkins plug in harness for the factory tow package. It has a 7 way and a 4 flat as well.

Install was simple enough, few bots and two plugs that go right into the ports on the LC. I checked the two plugs against another 200 series LC that actually had it installed from the factory -- nothing to it... plug and play...

When I plugged the airstream plug in the harness on my 2008, it wasn't working -- only one of the turn signals was operating, nothing else.

I check all the related fuses and there was actually a micro 30amp (towing tail) that was blown. I replaced that.

Still not working. I used a test light and OM meter to confirm. Nothing operating.

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue?

The only other thing, probably unrelated was that my brake controller light isn't going out once the truck is shut down. I thought that was odd -- again, probably unrelated.

Trying to save a family trip in a week -- any help appreciated.
gomotomoto is offline   Reply With Quote