Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2015, 05:45 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I have asked this specific question to my insurer, American Family.

As long as you have the trailer and TV are fully insured with them, the trailer will be towed with or without the TV. They will pay for a 2nd/separate truck to tow it away if required.

Ditto with a trailer tire blow out. That is covered...as well as any damage done.

This is why all my trailers are insured. Its not very expensive for this level of coverage and peace of mind.
RinconVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:40 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Travelers Rest , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconVTR View Post
I have asked this specific question to my insurer, American Family.

As long as you have the trailer and TV are fully insured with them, the trailer will be towed with or without the TV. They will pay for a 2nd/separate truck to tow it away if required.

Ditto with a trailer tire blow out. That is covered...as well as any damage done.

This is why all my trailers are insured. Its not very expensive for this level of coverage and peace of mind.
_____
Does your American Family Insurance give you AGREED VALUE or is it based on a typical Kelly Blue Book type of depreciation? If your AS is only a few years old, you are probably OK, but if you are several many years old, you want Agreed Value. If your insurance company doesn't require you to get a certified appraisal from one of the major appraisal groups, you probably don't have agreed value, and in any case, insist that a policy spell it out, AGREED VALUE. Hope you never need both vehicles towed due to breakdown. Life is so much more fun when the wheels just keep going around and around.

WBCCI 2456 Georgia Unit 32
1990 Excella 29' Centramatics
2016 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2500 HD 4x4
6.6L Duramax + Allison, 3.73 axles
dcasr is offline   Reply With Quote