Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2022, 04:37 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Parkit 360

I keep thinking I'd like a Parkit 360 to get my 30' Globetrotter into my driveway when we're getting ready for a trip. I want to pull it in with the rear facing the street but my driveway butts up against the house and I can't do this with my truck. My driveway has a slight upward incline, maybe 5 degrees. The problem is the 30' GT has at least a 1000 pound tongue weight The Force Electric Trailer model will pull 10K pounds, but only has a max tongue weight of 900 pounds. The next model up would be the Transformer for about double the price and seems more intended for a 5th wheel.

Anyone using the Force 10K model to pull one of the larger Airstreams?
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
I keep thinking I'd like a Parkit 360 to get my 30' Globetrotter into my driveway when we're getting ready for a trip. I want to pull it in with the rear facing the street but my driveway butts up against the house and I can't do this with my truck. My driveway has a slight upward incline, maybe 5 degrees. The problem is the 30' GT has at least a 1000 pound tongue weight The Force Electric Trailer model will pull 10K pounds, but only has a max tongue weight of 900 pounds. The next model up would be the Transformer for about double the price and seems more intended for a 5th wheel.

Anyone using the Force 10K model to pull one of the larger Airstreams?
What if you took off your LP tanks. Thatís quite a bit of weight.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:15 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Plymouth , Michigan
Just one user's observations here; I use a Parkit 360 to move my 25' around my shop. I can't comment on it's grade capability but I know there is margin in their 900# TW spec. I don't use their ball feature, I just plug in the jack post and lower it to almost touching the Parkit. Keep it well greased too. Since I got it, it has only seen >900#TW at the jack post. Moves my trailer effortlessly. I keep the Parkit tires at max sidewall stated pressure. I could not store my AS where I do without it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GRAB1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	414460   Click image for larger version

Name:	GRAB2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	414461  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GRAB3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	559.5 KB
ID:	414462  
SVTRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Steer clear of Parkit360, with that kind of tongue weight and grade you are asking for problems.

If you're serious about a mover, look into Airtug, they are designed to do exactly what your asking and with high reliability doing it.

Plug the word Airtug into the search box above, you will see......some like it, most don't.....and for a reason.

I personally owned one and returned it for my 25RBQ.

In a straight line and simple moves, it will be "ok".....but grades, gravel, dirt, zero turn....or even just trying to turn while not moving......you'll be disappointed. There is no "speed" control.....it is basically "digital"... ON or OFF when you push the button to have it move. The Airtug is an "analog" control.....you can creep the movement as slow or as fast as your comfortable with.

Airtug is more expensive, but how much do you value not dropping the hitch on the ground?

I own an electric 15k Airtug as a disclaimer, and I do so because I learned some very valuable lessons from previously owning a Parkit360 first.

Good luck in your decision, I will happily answer any question if you want to ask.

Regards,
Chris
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:27 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Monona , Wisconsin
Parkit 360

I own a Parkit 360. I opted for the 10,000# model with larger air-filled tires. I move a 22-ft., 3500-pound trailer with 700# tounge weight. I also have a 5% uphill entrance to my garage. In addition, there is a 1.5" tapered "lip" at the entrance to the garage. I'm I happy that I purchased this unit....well maybe! The driveway is asphalt. It works OK if the asphalt is dry. If the drive is wet from rain the unit will not even push the trailer up over the tapered "lip" without spinning the wheels. What I mean by spinning is it will just sit there and spin and not push the trailer into the garage. To get the trailer into the garage in these instances I have to enter the garage at an angle so one wheel at a time goes over the "lip". Snow or gravel, forget it! I would have liked to have purchased the Airtug but for the amount of moving I do I could not justify the price difference.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
gdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:17 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Globetrotter
Raleigh , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRIDE View Post
Just one user's observations here; I use a Parkit 360 to move my 25' around my shop. I can't comment on it's grade capability but I know there is margin in their 900# TW spec. I don't use their ball feature, I just plug in the jack post and lower it to almost touching the Parkit. Keep it well greased too. Since I got it, it has only seen >900#TW at the jack post. Moves my trailer effortlessly. I keep the Parkit tires at max sidewall stated pressure. I could not store my AS where I do without it.
Hi,Enjoyed your comment but would appreciate a bit more detail. Could you further explain
how to use the jack post and not the ball to use the dolly? I am new to AS looking for options to maneuver my camper up the driveway. Thanks
rexliebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 11:12 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
I use a Parkit360 10K to get my 27FB into and out of my driveway. My driveway along the house isn't wide enough to allow the trailer to go all the way back so I have just enough length along my lawn to pull the trailer in. Since I can't do that with my truck, the Parkit was a lifesaver.

The only challenges:

1. It's a bit difficult to turn because of the weight of tongue on the dolly. That's pretty slow moving and a lot of effort on my part to turn as needed
2. The driveway as it approaches the curb/gutter has a fairly good-sized dip and then the street is at a slight angle for drainage so it creates a little "valley". It's not an issuing when pushing the trailer out onto the street, but pulling in, the front tires of the AS will sometimes "catch" in the low point and that causes the dolly to spin without traction. The solution, as I've figured out, is to have my spouse stand on the A-frame of the AS, which channels more weight to the dolly that then creates enough traction with the driveway to pull it.

All in all, works pretty well for my needs. I'm probably moving a total distance of 30ft each time and making a 90-degree turn.
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2004 22' Safari
San Luis Obispo , California
Parkit360

27í fb Globetrotter

Parhit360 10K

It works great but I recommend it ONLY IF YOU USE THE ďJACK POST TOWING OPTION but not if you use the optional trailer ball towing option after using that method unsuccessfully

It may not matter for much lighter trailers or if you are on ground that is 100% firm. But you canít go wrong using the trailerís jack post
Beef up the bottom 360ís tube with a SS washer
gboneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 01:37 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboneill View Post
27í fb Globetrotter

Parhit360 10K

It works great but I recommend it ONLY IF YOU USE THE ďJACK POST TOWING OPTION but not if you use the optional trailer ball towing option after using that method unsuccessfully

It may not matter for much lighter trailers or if you are on ground that is 100% firm. But you canít go wrong using the trailerís jack post
Beef up the bottom 360ís tube with a SS washer
When you say unsuccessfully, what happened? Did you drop the front end with it? Other? Can you provide any details? Thx.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote