Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
TetonStreamer

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Delaplane , Virginia
Ford Pro Trailer System and ProPride 3P

Has any had any experience with the Ford Pro Tailer parking system and a ProPride 3P hitch? Where to put the "sticker" on the hitch, calibration of the system, actual operation of the system, etc.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teton Stream View Post
Has any had any experience with the Ford Pro Tailer parking system and a ProPride 3P hitch? Where to put the "sticker" on the hitch, calibration of the system, actual operation of the system, etc.
I have tried it. The way the Propride hitch is set up and moves the Ford Pro Trailer Backup sticker doesn’t work. In fact many have problems with the sticker placement with a normal hitch. You can search on the threads.

The only thing it may be helpful for is for long straight back ups. Best just to take your trailer to a site and learn how to back it up. You’ll find after awhile it is easier to do that then mess with the sticker constantly being lost and not picked up.

Some have a different system for backing up with the Ford Pro Backup. I’ve not tried it. You might get someone to help you out with that on this forum.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
I have tried it. The way the Propride hitch is set up and moves the Ford Pro Trailer Backup sticker doesnít work. In fact many have problems with the sticker placement with a normal hitch. You can search on the threads.

The only thing it may be helpful for is for long straight back ups. Best just to take your trailer to a site and learn how to back it up. Youíll find after awhile it is easier to do that then mess with the sticker constantly being lost and not picked up.

Some have a different system for backing up with the Ford Pro Backup. Iíve not tried it. You might get someone to help you out with that on this forum.
+1.

My 2020 F-150 lost the sticker most of the time, and that was with an Equalizer hitch. Twists of incline increased failure rates. Straight-away backups were mostly good. The 3P (which I know own) is worse because of the distance to the A-frame. Some people successfully use the yaw-sensor version.

I gave up on it and learned to back.

A series of unfortunate events conspired to keep us out of the trailer for a year. When we backed the trailer into the driveway (two blind-side 90-degree turns) to prep for our current trip, we may have been just a tad rusty. I say "we" because the DW and I occasionally use a two-person method with her at the wheel while I walk next to the driver window (my left hand resting on the driver door; me facing the trailer) and quietly instruct her "a shade left", etc., as it appears from my vantage point. In this example she turns the wheel slightly left, which causes the trailer to move to her right and my left.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:20 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Austin , Texas
If you have a newer truck that can use the yaw sensor it works fine.
trsvax is offline   Reply With Quote