Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
Based on your specs, your Tundra does not have the tow package which would include additional payload capacity and revised 4.3 rear end gearing. If you had that package, I would say this is doable. Nor do you likely have the upsized factory 38 gallon gas tank. that would definitely be a want for reasonable range towing a larger trailer.

If your Tundra was outfitted with that equipment, I would say it's doable.

It's still possible to retrofit your Tundra, but sounds like you're getting a new rig. Best of luck.
pteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:31 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lake George , Colorado
Well, if the dealer said it's okay, go for it. He did put that in writing, right? lmfao
2MileHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Can a 2011 Tundra safely tow a Globetrotter 30RB?

I believe dealer salesmen almost as much as I believe used car salesmen. In other words, “Don’t trust them when their moth is moving, verify everything independently yourself!!”

We do our research, collect all the data, then I aim my wife at the sales manager and she turns him inside out and gets the deal SWMBO is comfortable with. 2,000 years of cultural haggling is behind her skills. Fun to watch from a safe distance if you are not on the receiving end...

The only person I trust some at the dealership is my service manager, who is dead solid honest and I’ve never caught him out on anything. I hope he never retires, because the rest of them are real BS artists.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #24
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Don't Recommend Tundra For Your Use Case

We pull our 2014 Classic 27FB with a 2007 Tundra. It works well for us because we stick to 60 mph max speed and don't mind going slower in the hills and mountains. Based on our towing experience since 2014, we would tell you that we are closer than we want to be to the Tundra's limit pulling the 27FB. For that reason, would not recommend pulling your 30 footer with a Tundra. Yes, you could probably do it but it DEFINITELY would not be a good long term solution based on our Tundra pulling experience.
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote