Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
RATHDRUM , Idaho
2-1/2" Shanks for use with BlueOx SwayPro?

Does anyone use any other 2-1/2" shanks with a BlueOx SwayPro? (Other than the BXW4028)

From all the measurements that I have been able to do, I figure that I need a 2-1/2" shank that will allow about 8" of drop and be able to bolt on the BlueOx ball mount. I have looked at the BlueOx BXW4028 and they say it has 9 holes but I don't know if that will actually meet my needs. Tow vehicle is a 2019 Ram 2500 4x4 (top of the receiver opening is about 24" with about 450 pounds in the bed right against the tailgate) and the trailer is a 2019 22' Sport (Bambi) and when it is level the hitch height is about 16".

For pulling all of my other trailers (boat, dump, enclosed, and utility) I have a FastWay Flash E-Series HD on its way from Etrailer. It is suppose to have a full 8" of drop.

Sorry if this seems like a duplicate post. I tried a post in the sub-forum for Hitches, Couplers, and Balls but didn't get any replies.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.
NIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote