RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to dpope
Angry No Fuss Flush Leaks!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!! Tried the No Fuss Flush the other day and what do ya know...water started running out everywhere!!! DANG IT, just got the trailer back the week before to fix the trailer lights!!! WHAT IS NEXT!!!

I think I'm going to start performing warranty work myself and charge back Airstream at my rate. At least I take pride in my workmanship...

You pay way too much for the quality your getting.

whew!!! I appolize... I just had to vent...

Here are some pictures of where and what is leaking.

As you can see there is no way that this connection would seal...

another angle:
Old 04-27-2003, 07:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Maybe Pahaska can give you some emotional support, he went thru quite a lot with A/S on his new unit. Think he has finally gotten all the bugs worked out. When I had my new "white box" RV a few years ago I ended up doing most of the warranty work myself, too much hassle to constantly take it back in and have some idiot tech goober it back worse than it was!

Sorry, but I must relate, hearing you new owners having problems makes us vintage folks feel somewhat better in regards to dealing with our aging beauties!!

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 07:59 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Join the club!

Your problem is identical to the leak that flooded my trailer. I could have taken those photos myself.

The photo below shows the connection to my city water inlet. The elbow fitting on the left was on about a 3" piece of E-PEX from a Tee and the tee was offset drom the center of the inlet by about an inch. The resulting twist destroyed the threads on both the inlet and the elbow fitting.

To add insult to injury, the tech at the dealer put in a new inlet and crossthreaded the fitting back on. Needless to say, it leaked like a sieve. BTW, they fired the tech.

I went back and, at my insistance, they put in a loop so that there is no strain on the fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water_reg_leak.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	2007  
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Second look

I looked at your photos again and saw that you have the identical situation I had. The E-PEX to the elnow is only about 3". E-PEX is terribly stiff and the least bit of misalignment is going to twist that nylon nut right off in time, destroying both parts in the process.

I suggested to Airstream a rerouting of the lines in my International and received a positive reply that they could see the problem and would take action. I don't know if they have applied my solution. Next time I am at the dealer and they have an AS in stock, I'll look and see.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Waddell , Arizona
Can you tell me where to find this fitting on a new 25' Safari.

I ask because I intend to buy a 25B with the Safari upgrade package and want to make sure I don't join this "club".
1997 30' Excella (SOLD)
Steve Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:06 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

, Texas
Outside Location:
The No Fuss Flush water inlet is about 18 inches above the city water inlet.

Inside Location:
Behind the bathroom sink/vanity.

It is not easy to get to without removing the under sink cabnets.

dpope
Old 04-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

, Texas
Thumbs down

After reading the No Fuss Flush instruction manual today, I was concerned about the part used for the water inlet.

Well...we called Lakeview RV Supply today (mfg of the No Fuss Flush kit) and found out that Airstream royaly screwd up. It says in black and white letters on the No Fuss Flush instruction manual DO NOT USE A CHECK VALVE TYPE WATER INLET. This allows the anti-siphon check valve to work properly after use (siphons out water to prevent freezing). Guess what, Airstream installed one that does have a check valve. Also, the inlet is improperly labled to boot.

By the way, Lakeview said that Airstream is the only company that does not purchase the kit from them with a water inlet. Go figure.

So, if any of you are planning on getting this feature make sure is was installed correctly with the correct parts. The water inlet should not have a check valve built in to it or else the anti-siphon check valve is useless.

What next???????
Old 06-25-2005, 03:48 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

No Fuss Leak

I had a similiar problem with my trailer, an elbow into the black water tank broke I was lucky that it was under warranty and got it fixed. I think what caused the problem was over the winter the pipe froze and it broke the elbow. This last winter I used my compressor to blow out the line.

I think when they fixed it they made the repair from inside the trailer, there is no way to get at the elbow. Hope it helps
bfwoz is offline   Reply With Quote