Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2000 - 2004 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2003, 10:01 AM   #1
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Dumb Question regarding the bed & sheets

Did an overnight at the dealer's on Saturday after they did some minor alterations to the unit (installed a TV shelf, plugged a hole in the screen door frame, and installed an accumulator tank for the very noisy water pump). This is about the 5th or 6th night we have spent in the trailer and every time the d**n sheets come untucked from the bed. I am a very restless sleeper.

How the heck do you keep the sheets tucked in? We have the 25' Safari SS (six sleeper) with the corner bed. We have used a standard (i.e. double) fitted sheet on the bottom and it still comes undone.

Help, I am tired of sleeping on the mattress!

Thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 10:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
We have the same problem. The Safari SS mattress is a little smaller than a standard double bed, so the sheets fit loosely and come off. Also - being in the corner it is very difficult to make the bed. We have no solution yet - but we may modify the sheetss on a sewing machine to make them fit better.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
My solution

I think I have the same mattress (52" nominal width) and mine has 2 diagonally rounded corners.

I first put on a waterproof mattress protector in case the rain sensor on the fantastic fan over the bed ever fails to work. I taped the excess cover on the battom of the mattress after stretching it tight.

I then bought a full-size padded mattress topper at Sams which fits very well. The extra bulk this provides keeps the fitted sheet tight and it has never pulled out in over 2 months of nights spent in the trailer.

A side effect of the mattress topper was to make the overly firm mattress a bit more comfortable.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Another solution is to get sheet straps.

They are available at Wal Mart and other stores. These are either elastic or rubber bands that attach without holes to the sheets. We use them at home to keep the top sheet on our bed from untucking, and in the MH they traverse the underside of the bed to hold the bottom fitted sheet in place as well. Our mattress is to wide for queen, but not wide enough for a king, and I hate sleeping on a wadded up sheet.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #5
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
you could try this:

there are also these things that I thought were called "sheet garters", (and I thought that the Vermont Country Store carried them as well, but couldn't find them) that might help. they're just double-ended garters that you hook on either side of the sheet corner to help keep them tied down. maybe "bed and bath", or some other linen store like thatSheet Snugglerssheet snugglers[/URL]
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:48 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

You sure it's the "sleeping" that is causing the messed up sheets.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Yup, it is tossing and turning, been married too long for it to be anything else
Old 06-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Redmond , Oregon
Thinking out of the box

Gesh, I am so far out of the box I cannot even see it!

What about using the metal clip trouser suspenders? It would seem the smaller dress style would do the job.

Les

Hey, anybody know the way toward the box?
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:24 PM   #9
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
heh heh. you know you're gettin' old when you look at the "Ricky and Lucy" style twin beds in a trailer like mine and actually look forward to the better night's sleep!
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote