Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2000 - 2004 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2004, 09:41 AM   #1

Question Water Purification System

I am trying to find a location to install to install a Everpure water purification system and find that the location around the kitchen area sink is so very limited. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where and how to make this installation.
Thanks
428salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428salem
I am trying to find a location to install to install a Everpure water purification system and find that the location around the kitchen area sink is so very limited. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where and how to make this installation.
Thanks
I've installed the General Ecology system and we like it lots. Read the specs on their site and decide if it might work for you. We chose it over the Everpure because we did not want to be washing or showering with chlorine (which you add to your fresh tank with the Everpure). We pre-filter all water entering the fresh water tank and use the General Ecology to filter our drinking water - no chlorine required.

Here's pics of the install I did on my 22' CCD.

67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

That looks like a nice system. Something I have to do also, not that mine is bad, but it sat for 4 years so I am going to replace it as a precautionary measure.

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:22 AM   #4

Thanks for your information and pictures. A real neat installation. My problem is tht my Everpure unit is about a foot long and must be mounted in the vertical position. I should have done a little more research be pruchasing the unit. If I use this Everpure unit it will have to be plumbed in the closet next to the pantry slideout. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray
I've installed the General Ecology system and we like it lots. Read the specs on their site and decide if it might work for you. We chose it over the Everpure because we did not want to be washing or showering with chlorine (which you add to your fresh tank with the Everpure). We pre-filter all water entering the fresh water tank and use the General Ecology to filter our drinking water - no chlorine required.
428salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Another old post, just wondering where the art of filtration has gone since 2004.

Can anyone point me to a review, or care to share their experiences with systems used to filter drinking water at the kitchen sink? What's "top rated" these days?

Regards,
Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
I use a top grade filter purchased from Camping World. No installation. Fits right on the outside hose.Water Filtration - Camping World.

Tom
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
So, that would be the Hydro LifeŽ RV/Marine Exterior Water Filter? Looks a lot simpler than I would have thought something like this would be. I looked at the link for the one in the posts above (Nature-Pure by General Ecology) and pricing is almost identical.

Your idea of filtering the water before it enters the on-board holding tank does seem simpler, although the poster above, "Xray" states that he does this too. Would there be a need to do it twice then, do you think?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
Everpure makes a 1/2 size filter cartridge.. You need to change it twice as often, but it will fit in a smaller space.

Everpure ADC "Quick-Change" Part-Timer Cartridge

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Thanks, Excella. I'm beginning to get the idea that when we get into a trailer, we will start automatically thinking of the cubic feet requirement for everything we contemplate buying, and since we will definitiely be part-timers at first, they look like a good idea, despite the premium price.

OK, I think get it now for water treatment: it's very simple. Spend about seventy bucks and it's done, replace cartridges as necessary.

Thanks, all!

cheers,
Aage