Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #301
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Because

It's packed and ready for the road. In a few hours we will leave this oven and head up to cooler weather for a few days. Camping with friends, a little fishing and a few nights by the camp fire. It doesn't get much better!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #302
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Its Thursday and I like the Airstream because...

All systems cleaned up, packed and ready to go tonight! Just have to finish baking and preping some food for the trip!! It is such a pleasure to boondock in the Airstream--no tent nostalgia here! We're leaving to go boondocking in the UP! Leaving the worries on the doorstep! Hiawatha National Forest here we come!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 AM   #303
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
It's Thursday and I Like My Airstream Because...

Because I put off buying the really expensive awning lights for god knows what reason, and came across a real cool set of lights on clearance at the local grocery store the other day - they were all of $12 (Canadian $$ to boot, so in U.S. $$ that's almost free!!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tigerb.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24832  
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #304
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream...........
This has not been a good summer for Chummy. Most summers he's out in the woods almost every day camping under the stars and enjoying the fresh air. This summer he has spent most of the time sitting on his gravel pad. Today, Thursday, I'll go sit with him. True the month of June he got to camp out the whole month but since then just one time. Family things and special occasions just kept popping up and now I have to have an operation. Seems they found some cancer in my colon and want to take the cancer out which means a stay in the hospital and several weeks recovery before I can even think of driving Chummy again. So today I will sit with Chummy and spend some time with him, maybe fix something that is not broken or polish something that already shines just so he knows better times are ahead.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #305
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Kent,
When health and mortality issues rear their heads, it reminds us of how fragile we are and how fortunate we are for all the other days of our lives.

It also reminds us to the importance of hobbies as a healthy distraction to our daily lives.

My thoughts are with you today.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #306
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
God speed on your recover Kent.

Today is Thursday and I like my Airstream because...this week end it will be going to the North Georgia Mountains! We sent our applications to WBCCI two weeks ago and this week end we are going to Top of Georgia Airstream Park!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #307
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
It's Thursday, and I like my Airstream:

Because I have been able the last few days to work a little on it. New blinds all the way and Peppy is soooo glad now the sun is kept out and his curtains will last a little longer.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
I love Mbuti because the AC is working fine here in Vegas, NPR is on the radio, the fridge is full of healthy food, and the library has just the right books (Strangers to Ourselves, Blink, The Ape Within..). But we are not boondocking, which is a bummer. Soon, soon... here's a photo taken on the way here from the RMVAC of the intrepid aviator creeping bravely up to the edge of the cliff to get the big photo.

Name:	IMG_0720 on the edge.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	24858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
... So today I will sit with Chummy and spend some time with him, maybe fix something that is not broken or polish something that already shines just so he knows better times are ahead.
Kent, those are definitely true love actions. True love will pull you and Chummy through.

Perhaps a critical mass of aluminum outside the hospital would help...

Roger
Old 08-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #309
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Erie , Pennsylvania
It's Thursday and I Like My Airstream Because...

Because Thursdays are paydays, and I can go buy all sorts of things for it!

Ok is that a good reason?

Today is my 7th thursday of owning my Airstream, so I'm sitting here at work and though it'd be a good time to add to this forum. It didn't need as much work as I previously thought, and a 1/2 bizillion more little fixes and it will be good as new. Then I will have to go back to working on the house....So there's another reason That I like my Airstream on Thursdays (and every other day)...because I can work on it instead of the house!
jrk247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #310
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
It's Thursday and ..... love is in the air...

By noon today the twin beds were history and ready for attic storage.
The queen size replacement should be ready to use by next Thursday; just in time for our Labor Day trip.
Long live the Queen.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #311
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
I love my Airstream and I'm leaving my office to pick her up from storage in about one hour.. heading to Flagstaff this weekend for my wifes B-Day with very good friends.... The Tin Cabin is finally back from its warrenty work.. but that's a follow-up post to another thread.....Can't wait to hit cooler weather tomorrow!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #312
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
I Loveth My New Airstream!

Its Thursday and I love my new Airstream because.. well because its on order!

I love my new Airstream because there most likely aren't any scratches on it yet, and if there were.. well the factory will take care of it before it leaves Jackson Center.

I love my Airstream because it has been so easy to tow so far! No sway and my current vehicle pulls it just fine (in my dreams).

I love my Airstream because nobody has muddied up the floor or slammed the door to hard. I haven't had to yell at a single soul!

I love my Airstream because there aren't any knife marks on the counter top or stone chips in the clear coat and not one bird has pooped on the roof.

I love my Airstream because it currently doesn't take up much space in my driveway and it is safe at night.

I love my Airstream because it seems HUGE! I believe everything will work perfectly and the fridge will always be full of cold beer.

I love my Airstream because I have not reason to want to upgrade to something bigger.

I love my Airstream because my bank account is still full and I didn't have to pay any taxes on it

I love my Airstream because I never had to take it in for service

I love my Airstream because the bed is always tidy and the sink seems to hold a LOT of dishes.

I love to love my Airstream because the black tank... well gray tank for that matter never seem to get empty! I never have to empty them and I can imagine having a long hot shower without running out of water.

I love my Airstream because I have never had to tode one of those blue things on wheels through the state park to the dump station.

I loveth my Airstream because it has never seen a drop of rain, an ounce of snow or sea salt. Its skin is perfection.. not a single blemish and I can completely ignore all the posting on the forum about clear coat

But I especially love my Airstream because the toilet hasn't ever been used!
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #313
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Four workdays left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstreamin
I love my Airstream and I'm leaving my office to pick her up from storage in about one hour.. heading to Flagstaff this weekend for my wifes B-Day with very good friends ...... Can't wait to hit cooler weather tomorrow!
Yes AZstreamin, it's always good to hit "cooler weather" after a thirsty week at work . Sounds like a good time overall!

It's Thursday and I took a ride to an area lake this afternoon to check a parking area for our Safari -- 'cuz my retirement party is being held out there on Saturday!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #314
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
It's Thursday, and I love my Airstream because the brake backing plates are new, the bearings are packed, the tires are pumped up, and this weekend I am outta here!

Somewhere 250 miles north of here, a brand new 30-amp receptacle is sitting on a pole that has a meter on it. This will be the new "home base" for the Airstream.

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 PM   #315
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
What did he say?

Canoe...said cool weather? I'm here with 17 consecutive days over 100+ with more forecast. No rain to speak of since june....none in the forecast.

I love my Airstream 'cause its out of restoration tomorrow (including polish) and pointed north....and I am retired
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #316
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Melody Ranch? Why are you talking temperature?? AZstreamin was talking about longnecks. Right? Ya see -->

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #317
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Ahhhh.......yes!

Longneck...............ahhhhhhh! Yeah I am ready for that "cooler" time. I feel like a Corona advertisement in the making.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Old Farmer.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	24882  
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #318
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Because...it's Mine all Mine! Ed
Ditto!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #319
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
It's Thursday night and tomorrow we leave for a weekend at Hat Creek. We are looking forward to meeting some more new people. Airstreaming is so cool.
Don
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #320
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Its cool

I love my airstream because its cool. Our house AC took a drop dead in July and we haven't replaced it yet. We had been on a trip to Ark so when we came home we just parked under the shop shed in the shade and hooked up. It is really comfortable with only one AC unit running on a 98 degree day.

I ran the direct TV line so we have all the comforts for I'm sure less expense.

Today was Roy's big 70 B-day and we had cake and ice cream with family twice. Great Day and Great Airstream.

Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote