Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #261
Rivet Master
 
till's Avatar
 
Lisle , Illinois
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,270
Images: 108
Blog Entries: 2
because....
My test drapes came back from the cleaners clean and not in shreds!! The rest will be ready Tuesday.
__________________

__________________
Tedd Ill
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #262
Rivet Master
 
Zeppelinium's Avatar

 
1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,988
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
...what is this por 15 ?..can I get this anywheres?..btw, what size gal. are your tanks?
Codybear, note that you can edit the quote, as I've done above, so that the whole thing doesn't get repeated. saves a little space on the server, not to mention length as others scroll down the thread.

POR-15 is a rust-preventive paint, about $40 a quart. Many threads can explain its properties. All I can say is, if you aren't familiar with the Tar Baby fable, you will be when you get done with your first quart of POR.

I would say my new tanks are 30-lb. I could reliably get through three weeks with my pair of 20-lb tanks (fridge on all the time, water heater on now and then, stove a couple of times a day, no heater), but I wanted at least 4 weeks, so I purchased a pair of the next bigger size. I had to get a 5/8" threaded rod extension in order to install them (which I cut off to the minimum length needed--you can get the coupling nut and rod at HD or Lowes).
__________________

Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #263
Rivet Master
 
CaddyGrn's Avatar
 
1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,934
Knee replacement done! :)

It is Thursday and I like my Airstream because...

My Bambi got her new axle (knees) installed today by my nice hubby.
My Bambi has new shoes (tires) that came with the new axle and were put on my nice hubby.
My Bambi has new pretty baby moons too, that my nice hubby put on.

Gettin' a little thick.... sorry. I am just a happy gal!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #264
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
I will definitely take note of the quote thing Zeppelinium, thnx..how's this?..no quotes at all..is that acceptable or not I did notice some other place I read, that sometimes it's okay to copy the whole thing, but I can see it'd be way easier to just quote 'just the jist' of the post question and/or comment..Can I get that at Home Depot or a marine store?...not looking forward to the Tar Baby fable..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #265
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
Join NOW and you get 18 months of membership. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
The $70 should include the local unit dues as $55 goes to WBCCI.
Thanks for the info. Now I will just have to locate the application on my wife's desk this week end. She's a teacher and school starts Monday for the kiddies and she's been a little on the hectic side these last few days.
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #266
4 Rivet Member
 
AirstreamGypsy's Avatar
 
1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 471
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Shinny????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
because today I'm making progress getting ready for RMVAC Rally!

It's good to see the reflection of the tanks in the shell. Wish the rest of the shell was that shinny. (why don't we have an emoticon with a dirty face?--the polishing emoticon!)
Here you go....
Attached Images
 
__________________
AirstreamGypsy
___________
Charter Member FCU WBCCI 1818 CP(Courtesy Parking) Wi-Fi
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #267
4 Rivet Member
 
AirstreamGypsy's Avatar
 
1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 471
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
I've been told

that the polisher is too clean so....
Attached Images
 
__________________
AirstreamGypsy
___________
Charter Member FCU WBCCI 1818 CP(Courtesy Parking) Wi-Fi
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #268
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member
 
ArtStream's Avatar
 
1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,002
Images: 65
Blog Entries: 1
Because it's Friday
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #269
Rivet Master
 
clancy_boy's Avatar
 
2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,779
Images: 8
Go ONLINE and use PAYPAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Thanks for the info. Now I will just have to locate the application on my wife's desk this week end. She's a teacher and school starts Monday for the kiddies and she's been a little on the hectic side these last few days.
Much faster and good service. No snail mail involved and the package comes quick.
__________________
Michael & Tina with Layla and Preston BZ
The family has grown.
2003 22' INTERNATIONAL CCD
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #270
Rivet Master
 
rebel beck's Avatar
 
1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 874
Images: 35
It's Thursday, and I like my Airstream:

Because schools is about to start back and I will have more time during the day to play with the Airstream. Summer is almost over 107 here yesterday and fall will be rolling in. Lots and lots of camping Airstream style.
__________________
Becky
75 Sovereign (Peppy)
03 Chevy HD (lil Peppy)
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #271
Mel
Rivet Master
 
Mel's Avatar
 
1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,445
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream(s) because...

after almost a year of work, the Caravel will be finally hitting the road next weekend to go to the Mt. Baker TCT rally! Not quite finished - no dinette, no awning, but the basics are there and it's leaving the driveway.
__________________
Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #272
4 Rivet Member
 
AirstreamGypsy's Avatar
 
1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 471
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream because...

I am going to my very first rally!! RMVAC Creede
__________________
AirstreamGypsy
___________
Charter Member FCU WBCCI 1818 CP(Courtesy Parking) Wi-Fi
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #273
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
after almost a year of work, the Caravel will be finally hitting the road next weekend to go to the Mt. Baker TCT rally! Not quite finished - no dinette, no awning, but the basics are there and it's leaving the driveway.
Congrats Mel! I bet you are giddy with excitement. Party time!
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #274
Mel
Rivet Master
 
Mel's Avatar
 
1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Congrats Mel! I bet you are giddy with excitement. Party time!
Yup! Still lots to do, though. And the Safari is jealous of the attention the Caravel is getting, so she gets to go camping this weekend. Can't play favorites!
__________________
Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #275
2 Rivet Member
 
draftwomyn21's Avatar
 
1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to draftwomyn21
It's Thursday and I love my A/S because...

We only have 21 days left until we head out on our first BIG trip with Sylvia (Silver for those in the know). We are heading into the great Northwest for a 15 day trip into Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California (we will be crossing into Nevada and Utah as well). Our girl will be getting her feet wet on this one and we are so excited....luminitis, luminitis, luminitis!
Robin out
__________________
"Courage is the hallmark of the warrior"
draftwomyn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #276
Rivet Master
 
clancy_boy's Avatar
 
2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,779
Images: 8
Getting ready for Georgia

Because, today I ordered my rims and in three weeks (midway thru my trip to Japan) I will order my axle form InlandRV to have her road ready for Georgia when I get back.

Soon it will be FALL and I can concentrate on my polishing - had to give up in the heat.
__________________
Michael & Tina with Layla and Preston BZ
The family has grown.
2003 22' INTERNATIONAL CCD
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #277
Addicted to Aluminum
 
A-Merry-Can's Avatar
 
1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,015
It's Thursday and I love my A/S because...

... i need to take the roof AC off yet again and figure out why it's dumping gallons of condensation on the bed, then i gotta replace the belly pan piece that flew off last trip, fix the broken tail light, finish the closet that shook apart last trip, fix the broken fridge, and then replace all the locks, cause i lost my keys!

yep, i love it alright! i must be flippin' mad!

jp
__________________

8576
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #278
Rivet Master
 
Mackhopp's Avatar
 
2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 587
Images: 10
It's Thursday and I love my Airstream because this is the first official day I can actually reply to this thread!! Got it last weekend and it's been sitting in the driveway patiently waiting for me to get my act in gear and hit the road.

Lookin' quite nice I must say - a lovely soft glow radiates from it when the sun hits it in the mornings/evenings.... beautiful.
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #279
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Congrats on the coach! I was going to give you some karma to go with it, but apparently I have spent it all again. I look forward to hearing about your adventures
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #280
Rivet Master
 
Zeppelinium's Avatar

 
1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,988
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfrodge
It's Thursday and I love my Airstream because this is the first official day I can actually reply to this thread!! Got it last weekend and it's been sitting in the driveway patiently waiting for me to get my act in gear and hit the road.

Lookin' quite nice I must say - a lovely soft glow radiates from it when the sun hits it in the mornings/evenings.... beautiful.
you say all this and no photos? Shame!

shame shame shame shame shame shame...shame

OK, so I'm sounding like a parent I met once.


BTW, how to tell if two adults are married...wait for it....

if they're yelling at the same kids
__________________

Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
May The Airstream Gods Forgive Me wasagachris Off Topic Forum 82 03-14-2012 06:16 PM
06 Airstream Safari 23, Airstream, Airstream Flying Cloud, Airstream Camper, RV eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 10-10-2011 08:50 AM
1999 AirStream Cutter 35 Diesel pusher Huge slide out S1999 AirStream Cutter 35 Diese eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 08-22-2011 06:30 AM
1999 AirStream Cutter 35 Diesel pusher Huge slide out S1999 AirStream Cutter 35 Diese eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 08-01-2011 09:40 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.