Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #41
JT

1973 27' Overlander
El Paso , Texas
I have wondered if it was OK or not to keep the "ghosted numbers 22" from a PO that was on my 1973 Overlander. I have all of the plaques from the tours it was said to have gone on over the years and plan to keep them on the wall as a historical marker of sorts. I am not sure if this was the PO's number or not and couldn't get anyone to confirm or deny. The number 22 has been on the front and rear for a lot of years and is history. PS, I have kept everything as original as possible for the same reason. I don't care to get in the argument but those of us who are new need to know so someone doesn't attack us. Andy, it never occurred to me to falsify my info, so I agree with you.
Jim
jimbob79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Glad to see some are enjoying this.

Can enough chemo be injected into the body to kill off the cancer and not the whole body? Or is this it? The end of the name and history once and for all?

Some here hope so. Do you find yourself taking great pleasure at the sight of these troubles?

What is UP with that?
Most members in charge are old and retired. I figure they will all be dead by the time I'm 45 and the club will be in better hands and more enjoyable...

If not maybe their accelerator might stick and ?? Wait that's not very nice is it.. Sorry.

I think everyone should have the same number. like "428" for instance. How cool would that look, Say everyone driving into the Albuquerque balloon vest with the same red numbers. WOW!!!!!

How about making the rear ones out of led lights. They could double as a brake light on the rear... That would be cool....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
WAIT!!!!!!!! I just realized my wbcci# is the last four digits of my phone number. How weird is that.....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #44
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Glad to see some are enjoying this.

It looks like the club will continue to break apart over the next many years. Over fifty years of history and the work of so many all to bring people and travelling machines together to share their stories around the campfire.

We have heard all the good and bad things about what is happening to the club. Many have very positive experiences like me. Others with more experience at the "official level" are very unhappy and have left the club. So here we are.

The beginning of the end? I think most that have joined and travelled and camped with the club will be sad about this.

A few others that never made the effort to experience what the club had to offer for whatever reason are now cheering at the deathbed and waiting to dance around the grave.

What is the motivation of the deathwatchers here? Why should anyone be happy to see the unraveling of this otherwise great old club?

Can enough chemo be injected into the body to kill off the cancer and not the whole body? Or is this it? The end of the name and history once and for all?

Some here hope so. Do you find yourself taking great pleasure at the sight of these troubles?

What is UP with that?
It appears very strongly, after all to many discussions, letters, etc, that the IBT is simply not up to cleaning up their act, under any circumstances, since they are in absolute control and members can talk, .......well sort of talk, taking the risk of being banned.

Banned from a club??

It then appears that the only reasonable way to fix THE problem, is to let it die, and start all over again, but with rules that allow the club members, to have a democratic method of voting, that today, is non-existant.

We certainly would not want a president in office that we didn't vote for.

The people of Illinois got rid of a govenor that was out of line, by voting.

But, no one, absolutely no one, can touch an IBT member, or even vote for or against one.

That is very far removed from a democratic society.

Therefore, the best way to fix it, it seems, without getting courts involved, squandering tons of money and time that could better be spent in other ways, is just let it die, especially since the IBT is set in their ways to kill it regardless of what members think or feel.

I agree, it's a sad state of affairs, but even sadder, is the way the club has been grossly mismanaged by a small group of, if you wish, dictators, not only financially, but with ethics as well. It's their ethics, for themselves, period.

Wally, I think, would be very proud, to see some positive efforts being made, to clean up, and get back on track, in a democratic way, what he started, in one way or another.

To most of us, it's not so much the dues, but the principles of the sad issues.

I personally supported the club for better than 40 years, in one way or another.

I cannot, and will not, since I resigned, be supportive of a club, that "IS NOT" supportive of it's members and that is totally controlled by a small group that has deaf ears towards the clubs members, and is blind to the real facts, up to and including barring members who publically disagree with them.

Sorry Wally, we all love you in more ways than one, but what has to be done, has to be done.

Please, Wally, be supportive of what's happening towards positive changes, and rest assured, those that are dedicated to the changes, want your smiles, and theirs, to return to, "HAPPY CLUBBING", be it named WBCCI or something else.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
St. Albans , Vermont
I would love to have big blue Air Forums numbers on my airstream instead of red ones. Air Forums has given me so much help that it would be an honor to put them up there. I wonder if there is anyway I can change my AIR FORUM number to 3046 which appears to be my old WBCCI number...?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000717.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	96030  
2vets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
would any of the clubs mind if I put a big red 666 on front of my rig? just wondering..
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #47
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I checked with the registry and you are in luck...666 is wide open and there no issues at all with you using it...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #48
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
"Has anyone ever just put numbers on top of their airstream because they mean something to them? I want to put RED six inch number on my stream because I think it looks awesome. "

It would be tacky and chickenshit, like a sunken chested accountant who struts around in his Harley jacket, Harley cap, Harley boots and Harley wallet when he doesn't even own a motorcycle.

Join the club and wear your number with pride or leave it to those who have paid their dues, literally.

I would make an exception for someone with an old weathered number on an old trailer who left it alone for historical and nostalgic reasons. Provided it was at least 25 years old and they did not pretend it was their own. There would be no chance of confusion for those in the know.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #49
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
One question for the guy with the magnetic numbers. How do you plan to stick them to an aluminum trailer?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #50
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I think it is tacky to make up rules about how old your numbers need to be for you make an exception.

And what do you have against accountants?
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #51
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
... and what do you have against magnets too?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
I say put what you want on your trailer. Just don't pretend to be a WBCCI'er if you do. There are some who are proud of their red numbers.
It's like saying you can't put an American flag on your trailer because you didn't serve in the armed forces/civil services.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #53

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I quit the club but left my numbers on - if I take them off now they'll make a mess. And it's a hassle. And there's always going ot be ghost numbers up there from previous owners. I figure they'll fall off eventually. Who cares? Red numbers, blue numbers, no numbers. It's your trailer, do what you like! We're a bunch of non-conformists around here anyway.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
New numbers, just now:

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
One question for the guy with the magnetic numbers. How do you plan to stick them to an aluminum trailer?
Well the ARGOSY owners don't have a problem.....I forgot that he had a new trailer and not the ARGOSY that he started with....

Ganaraska,
there is also something called "my" trailer and I can put what I want on it and don't need to worry what others think!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote