Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Do you like the new design?
It is a winner! Looks great! 47 57.32%
I like the classic wooden interior! 21 25.61%
To each their own... 14 17.07%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2003, 04:08 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Eric,

Currently, it is only my wife, me, and one son (6 months). We aren't planning on having any more children anytime soon. So... I thought that the 24' would be just barely long enough for us.

I was thinking of putting a sing bunk above the double bed in the back of the trailer. I was debating about the front dinett. My current thougt is to create a table that can fold in half so that the "dinett" can be used as a couch with more leg room. I also thought that the half of the table that doesn't fold could have a compartment for a laptop built under.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
PatCrusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:09 PM   #42
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Patrick,

Either way, it works for me. I like the concept totally!

Regards,

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

The more I see, the better I like the CCD. I like Pat's layout, especially the front dinette. My '60 AS had a front dinette and was great - made into a bed by lowering the table and making it a platform for the bed.

Don't know why they did away (almost) with the front dinette.

I inquired from AS if they would custom one with a front dinette and the answer was NO.
moporolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:18 PM   #44
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
A blast from the past.....

Found this and just thought....mmmmm, how things have changed, yet stayed somewhat the same almost a few years after the orig post.......

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
That Nick Bailey designed interior looks like a good place for an..............Alien Autopsy
PICK..
I just picked up on this..sitting here, almost laughed the laptop on the floor..
Talk abt a hoot..
How's this for a blast from the past?
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #46
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Bump...This was originally posted in 2002. Has anyones opinons changed? From "Cold and Sterile" to Better than the "Cabin Look"?
I never grew up around airstreams and walked into this CCD design and instantly fell in love. Im 41 and think the old look of Carpet and wood is grandmotherly. Just outdated.Am I alone? I know there are Vintage owners here that Cherish theirs, but Even when I had my 76 Argosy, I wanted to peel off that interior color and get down to the Aluminium. Let it shine, Let it shine. Ive stayed in mine in cold days and hold heat very well. Not cold and sterile at all. Maybe a generation thing. Eveyone is different and thats what makes the world go round.

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Im 41 and think the old look of Carpet and wood is grandmotherly. Just outdated.Am I alone? I know there are Vintage owners here that Cherish theirs, but Even when I had my 76 Argosy, I wanted to peel off that interior color and get down to the Aluminium. Let it shine, Let it shine. Ive stayed in mine in cold days and hold heat very well. Not cold and sterile at all. Maybe a generation thing. Eveyone is different and thats what makes the world go round.

Shane
Wow Shane, What a sweeping generalization of vintage Airstreams. I personally think that my two vintage Airstreams don't look grandmotherly at all. Am I'm alone...

Can't say it's a generational thing, we're the same age.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
1 Rivet Member

Agoura Hills , California
My wife thinks its mostly the fabrics found in AS trailers, especially the older units. (and the curtains!) Even now, AS must go to fabric discounters and buy the outdated materials. We have a friend who owns a 1965 Hinckley B-40 sailboat, Mrs J redid all the cushions with cream sunbrella with dark red piping, new brass light fixtures and a few other details, its still a Hinckley (they have an iconic status in the sailing world much like AS) but it looks fresh and new again. Sail Boat manufacturers went through their "too many beds and stuff" period and began to design, especially in Europe, for how people actually use them in the real world. We had a beautiful teak table on our last boat that folded up against the bulkhead, don't think we ate at the table more than 5-6 times in the 7 years we owned the boat! I have a hard time visioning 4 adults or two kids and two adults eating a meal in a AS dinette. The CCD is a starting point for change, embrace it.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #49

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I love the warm look of wood, especially lit by the 12v lights at night. I think our trailer is very cozy and inviting. I can't say I've ever thought of it as 'grandmotherly' - but I don't know if I'd consider that a bad thing either! I don't think anyone would call Mel & Lee's trailers 'grandmotherly'!

But I like the CCDs too. I'm not sure which I would prefer if I had a chance to choose. I don't think I'd turn one down if someone wanted to give me one. Anyone?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote