Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
calgary , Alberta
Vent Confusion

I am trying to find out what vents were original on my '76 28ft Argosy. I will need to replace them as the front one is the only powered one and the hail we had last week finished to dome. I was really considering the metal domed ones but I have not been able to find them in a power version and not sure what it would look like with a Maxxfan in the front and metal domes for the other 2 but with the amount of hail storms we get here I can't afford to replace plastic domes every year or 2
alberta paso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Knoxville , TN
Original to your Argosy would be metal covers on all three vents. They crank straight up about an inch with the center one being the only one with a fan. Based on mine and the ones I have seen.
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
Junkgypsy61

1973 Argosy 24
Cranbrook , British Columbia
Fantastic Fan vs. MaxxFan

Hi glad we are discussing fans. I have done a lot of research & I feel that the MaxxFan might have one extra thing going for it & that’s the ceiling fan mode when the lid is closed. What does everyone else think? Which do you prefer?
Junk Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:05 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Knoxville , TN
I just put in a MAXXAir and so far I like it. The ability to use it with the cover closed was part of my decision to go with the MAXXAir. I also think it looks sleeker and it is super quiet in the lower ranges.
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
I really love my MaxxFan Deluxe fans, but I have to admit, the "ceiling fan" mode doesn't really do much. The fan blade covers the entire opening, so it's just pushing/pulling against a closed area. There's really no way for air to flow around the fan blade with the lid closed, so it doesn't do much but make noise.

I suppose if you wanted a little white noise while you sleep.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #6
Junkgypsy61

1973 Argosy 24
Cranbrook , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric 26 Argo View Post
I just put in a MAXXAir and so far I like it. The ability to use it with the cover closed was part of my decision to go with the MAXXAir. I also think it looks sleeker and it is super quiet in the lower ranges.
Thanks for sharing, I like the idea of being able to close it & still run it but The Greatley’s, in the post following yours, say that it doesn’t really do much so what do you think? Does yours make any difference in moving the air around or is it just a redundancy?
Junk Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote