Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Searching for an Argosy Minuet

I have been searching for an Argosy Minuet for about a year. There doesn't seem to be much availability on the mid atlantic coast (North Carolina) Is there a publication that lists sales? The classifieds are not too helpful and I'm not finding a lot on the internet. (ebay and RV used sales sites) I have always loved the round windows and size of the Argosy Minuet. We have been camping in a little apache pop-up trailer and with the kids, its time to move up! We can do some fix-up but would like some of basics to be in tact. Any thoughts would be appreciated. THANKS!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Searching for an Argosy Minuet

Grettings OuterbanksDeb!

Welcome to the Forums!

The Minuet was basically a replacement for the Argosy 20 that went into production near the beginning of the Argosy line in 1972/73. The Argosy 20 and Minuet are very similar trailers, and sellers don't always know the differences between the two coaches. The Argosy 20 was basically produced through the 1976 model year into the 1977 model year - - with the Minuet 6.0 Metre being introduced sometime in 1977. Both coaches share the same length and similar weights; but the big difference is in the width - - the Argosy 20 has a floor width (exterior) of 7' 8" while the Minuet series has a floor width (exterior) of 7' 0". It appears that the final year for the Minuet series was 1979, but I haven't found any definitive confirmation of this presumption.

The Minuets have experienced a significant increase in popularity during the past two years. For some reason, the Minuets seem to be somewhat more common in the Midwest and West. I first became intrigued by the Minuets about four years ago - - prior to five years ago I had never heard of the Model. Then about 18-months ago when I acquired the '79 Argosy sales brochure, it was somewhat of a shock to learn that there are three Minuets - - 6.0 Metre (20'), 6.7 Metre (22') and 7.3 Metre (24') - - the two smaller coaches have single axles while the larger coach has the tandem axle. You can see scans of the Minuet floorplans by clicking on the "photos" button at the bottom of my post.

My suggestion, would be to check the Vintage Airstream Club classifieds frequently. My Minuet found me through the classifieds - - I was checking the ads just seconds after the ad was posted and was inspecting the coach less than 36 hours later - - it followed me home about 72 hours later. You can find the VAC classifieds at:

Vintage Airstream Club Classifieds

Another good source, at least in the Midwest, is the "Penny Shopper" classified advertisement papers that are often offered free in the lobbies of restaurants and grocery stores.

There have also been a number of Minuets offered on E-Bay, but most have been located in the Midwest or West. I know when I was shopping for mine, I even considered traveling as far as New Mexico to look at a coach.

Good luck in your search for a Minuet!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Depending on how particular you are and the budget you have there are normally a few out there.

try www.rvtraderonline.com Search for just argosy, no year, no price, nationwide. There are a few out there right now, but not down the street. If you find a worthy candidate that is too far for a check out drive there is a thread here that lists members of the forum that are willing to be your eyes and give you an unbiased opinion before you make the long drive/fly to see it yourself.

Good luck and good hunting!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
I copied this from another post:

http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/2/4/60860424.htm

Sure looks small for camping with 2 kids, though....