Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Langley , Washington
Screen Door - and a bit of a nightmare

Oh boy. Today was no fun.

I'll make it short and sweet and hope that someone will be able to save my butt.

We have been offering Happy Lolita as an adorable budget overnight oasis for several months, now. People love her, leave her notes and gifts and she seems to enjoy the love as well. Much sweeter than living in the bushes for nine years.

Well.

Couple nights ago, two young women got "stuck inside." Apparently, for no good reason that they knew of, they just could not get out. The door would not budge.

We got them out through the bathroom window and went about the business of trying to open the door. For two days.

Nothing made sense.

We called Airstream and they did not know. We called a locksmith and he suggested taking a drill and starting to eat at the door

I felt sick.

From the inside, the screen door - the beautiful screen door - was in the way of seeing what was going on with the lock.

So, off went the screen door and that's all I am gonna say about that.

Not good.

Finally, at the end of an exhausting day, we saw the bolt knob, at the top left of the door. I had always thought it was there to hook something to. What, I did not know. Apparently the girls had discovered it, turned it - and forgotten about it.

We turned it and the door opened. Just like that.

The screen door is mangled and my heart hurts.

If you could give me a lead on a screen door for Lolita, I would be ever so grateful.

Going to bed now.
littlelolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Elk Rapids , Michigan
Sorry to hear about your misfortune

I don't have one to spare but shouldn't it be the same as Airstream? Maybe post in the exterior repair section. Another idea is to contact a local metal fabricator, there are some interesting curves but it's nothing that a good fabricator shouldn't be able to reproduce.

Good luck,

John
matthewsx is offline   Reply With Quote