Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #1

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Gig Harbor , Washington
Need photos of toilet and black water tank.

We took apart our 1977 Argosy Minuet about 2 1/2 years ago. We thought we would put it right back.

I removed the toilet and black water tank; does anyone have any photos of how it goes back together? A hose clamp? Caulking?

Any Advise?

Thank you!
midcenminuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Go shopping in your local Home Depot or Lowes or similar. The connections between toilet and tank are stock plumbing items. The tank likely has a large female threaded piece on top. Vulkem on the threads to seal when you assemble. The toilet uses a standard toilet mounting system. What you are looking for is a match where you can screw the adapter into the tank and then put the toilet mount into that. A sponge rubber seal goes between the toilet and the mount. In the case that the toilet mount and the tank adapter are slipped together, use vulkem to seal the two together. Be careful with heights here as the toilet has to sit on the 'floor' (the toilet perch). Sitting above the floor will lead to an unsteady throne. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I never thought it was something someone would want to see.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
original photos

Midcen:

Here are some photos of the original toilet and black tank in my 1976 Argosy Double, which may be similar to yours and help you remember your set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	throne.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	86004

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	86005

In my rebuild I opted to put a new black tank BELOW THE FLOOR. I didn’t like the original throne perched on the indoor tank and wanted a roomier, more minimalist look:

Name:	new 1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	86006

Name:	new 2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	86007

Sergei

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227/contemporizing-1976-argosy-d-opinions-please-18448-40.html#post628818
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
lascassas_camper

1975 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Gatlinburg , Tennessee
My "perch" for my toilet was built out of prefab wood with an aluminum frame work around the sides, it sat directly on the tank. Not sure if that was original or not.
I bought an "aluminum blank" from the local metal recycler and cut it to fit so that it would be on top of the frame work instead of sandwiched betwen the aluminum framework/tank, and used stainless self tapping screws to mount it on top of the original (to my trailer) aluminum frame work and cut a round hole for the toilet drain.
I then used a stock wax seal and mounted the toilet on top of that with new toilet bolts. It looks "clean" and its a lot steadier than the prefab wood that was originaly there.
The toilet in my trailer uses an odd size male fitting, i made 3 trips to Lowes before I found a fitting that fit correctly.
On another note, I removed the sliding pocket door and trimmed the wall back (about 6") to where it meets the shower wall. This really opens up the bathroom area. I'm going to put up a bi-fold or curtain type door for "privacy".
Apache_Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #5

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Gig Harbor , Washington
Thank you!

Thank you for your advice. I would love to get this back together by fall!
midcenminuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
lascassas_camper

1975 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Gatlinburg , Tennessee
Apache_Camp is offline   Reply With Quote