Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Hans J. Gyswyt

1977 24' Argosy 24
2006 16' International CCD
Buckley , Washington
Might be selling 77 Cream Puff

Hello Argosy Friends,
I'm dealing with end of life issue with my father, time is running out for this man who has enjoyed his 1977 Argosy with my mother for years. They bought their trailer brand new and used it for many years. It has always been garaged when not is use. Several years ago it was professionally repainted, with genuine Airstream paint at an Airstream dealer, new wheels were purchased and the interior was recarpeted. This trailer shows as new on the inside and out. My dad wants me to sell it. I don't want to sell it just yet, I would still like to get my mom down to Arizona in the winter to enjoy it with some of her friends (Yuma ) that winter there. If however she doesn't want to do this it will go on the market. Is there a book or any way to value this trailer on line? My folks have had people come up to them and give them cards asking to sell it, they were so impressed with the rig. I would love to keep it myself but have no use for it and I can't keep it indoors like it is now. Any help directing me in this would be appreciated. Sincerely Hans
HJGyswyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
There is a site that has a price v. condition list. I'm not sure if Argosies are on the list. But I think it would be a good place to start. Also keep your eye out on our classifieds, eBay, etc to see what they are selling for.

http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_t...condition.html
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64

Greetings Hans!

If you find that it is necessary to sell your parents' Argosy, you might consider making arrangements to take it to the WBCCI International Rally in Salem, Oregon this summer. There will be a Vintage Airstream Club parking area, and there are nearly always one or two coaches offered for sale -- and often sell quickly during the Rally as there are often people interested in becoming Vintage Airstreamers in attendance at the Vintage Airstream Club Open House.

If the coach happens to have the rear entry floorplan (main entry door behind the axles), it is among the more unusual Argosy floorplans. If the coach happens to be a very late 1977 24', there is a remote possibility that it may be a Minuet series which would mean that the floor would be 7' wide rather than the standard coach's 7' 8".

The link that Uberlanders gave you is one that I would recommend for helping you to begin the process of setting an asking price if you find that a sale is necessary. Argosy values tend to be a bit less than a similar Airstream, but the shorter Argosy coaches are catching up.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Hans J. Gyswyt

1977 24' Argosy 24
2006 16' International CCD
Buckley , Washington
Follow up from Hans

OK, yesterday I visited with my folks. It's a 1978 model, front door, front dinnette, rear bath, couch the pulls out to a bed on the curb side behind the mid coach kitchen. I took pictures as best I could, it's stored in a garage. I'll post them on my web site. My folks have the original sales receipt, and all the original paperwork that came with trailer. It's very original with a few exceptions, new carpet, re-upholstered dinette cushions, new hot water tank, new furnace and new factory Airstream paint. I've already looked at the classified pages, I have a good idea what I should be asking for this trailer now. It is important to my folks that it be sold to Airstream fans, the right owner is as important as the selling price to them. Thanks for your help with your replys so far. Hans
HJGyswyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hans - put an ad in the classifieds here, it doesn't cost anything. It should sell fast - smaller trailers are in demand - especially well loved ones. Good Luck.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64

Greetings Hans!

As a '78 model, your parents' Argosy is very likely a Minuet 7.3 Metre -- there should be a Minuet badge somewhere along the beltline moulding. The size identification may not have been replaced following the repaint as the size identification was either painted or vinyl tansfer process images.

The '78 Argosy literature that I have shows both standard and Minuet series coaches being offered in '78, thus the coach could be from either series. The floorplans offered in both series were similar with the biggest difference being that the floor width of the Minuet is 8" narrower at an even 7'.

In any event, your parents' coach should attract quite a bit of interest as it is a desirable size, and many seem to be looking for the dinette models.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote