Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #1

Marietta , Georgia
Question Insurance for '77 Argosy

I have just purchased a '77 Argosy and would like to insure it against theft. I contacted my insurance company ( State Farm ) and they wanted to know what the trailer would have sold for in 1977. I'm not really sure what bearing that information would have on the trailer right now but that is what they want. Any ideas?
zobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Just got an Argosy..26' 1975

We have just got the above.. our Insurance State Farm has placed a replacement value on ours at $14,000.. Canadian.. Annie
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobe
I have just purchased a '77 Argosy and would like to insure it against theft. I contacted my insurance company ( State Farm ) and they wanted to know what the trailer would have sold for in 1977. I'm not really sure what bearing that information would have on the trailer right now but that is what they want. Any ideas?
Make sure the policy is written for replacement value, not actual cash value, or you may have a nasty suprise if you have a claim.
Our policy as written was for replacement value, when it was renewed it was for cash value, that is, depreciated sale price, not what you could buy a replacement for. We are looking for another insurance carrier at this time.
Terry
Old 06-16-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

I currently do not own an Airstream
LASALLE
Argosy insurance

Try to talk to an insurance company that specializes in rv insurance. It seems more reasonable to have your Argosy appraised by a qualified rv appraiser. Most dealers provide this service. I had mine appraised today, 1977 Argosy 28 twin $8500.00 cdn.It cost me $30.00. Then fax your hard copy to the insurance boys.
JOHN L is offline   Reply With Quote