Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #561
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Thanks Aage and all.

Marc, Seattle for sure. Tacoma, Portland, etc. as well. Bernie, you live down there somewhere too, right?

Won’t miss Vancouver, Cameron. My son, his wife and my grandchildren are in West Vancouver. (Will the neighbors let me park the rig there?)

Skip, reserve one night for pizza and one night for Louie’s. I’m guessing that there must be some great local beers around too ……

Canoestream, I want to put up some photos of the tow truck set up but I’m running out of picture posting space. What gives?

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #562
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Sergei, I don't know if West Vancouver has any restrictions. I can't imagine it would be a concern if you are just visiting. If there are issues, Capilano RV park is right there in the City.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #563
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokelessJoe View Post
Thanks Aage and all.
Skip, reserve one night for pizza and one night for Louie’s. I’m guessing that there must be some great local beers around too ……
All I need is a couple week notice so I can clear my schedule. I'm sure I could get minstrel blue to tag along for pizza, that's his favorite spot too.

beer? why yes we do have a good local brew. My friend is a fantastic brewer: Carlson Craft Brewery
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #564
Certifiable

. , .
Modern Apizza is the best pizza in the world.

I would need 2 hours notice to clear my schedule...., ahhh, 2 minutes is probably more like it.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #565
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
slacker
Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #566
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayden View Post
Next Halloween in Seattle

One thing's certain, diesel is a whole lot cheaper right now than it has been; getting back down near $3 a gallon (and gallons go farther than liters ). Hope that aspect of it works out for you.

-Bernie
Bernie:

Our dollar has dropped from $1.04 against the USD a few weeks ago to $.79 today. That's what it was when I bought the Sprinter in Michigan two years ago.

Interesting to see were this all ends.....

Sergei
Old 10-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #567
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokelessJoe View Post
Bernie:
Our dollar has dropped from $1.04 against the USD a few weeks ago to $.79 today.
Wow, I knew the dollar was getting stronger in general but I had no idea the move had been so big against the Loonie. Let me see if I understand how this works. The US creates a world wide monetary crises by writing a bunch of bad mortgages and now everyone wants to own $$$.

Quote:
Interesting to see where this all ends.....
In a ski trip to Whistler this winter for me
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #568
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Please read this in connection with #541 above, the description of the last remaining major construction in the trailer, the shelf and extractor fan over the galley counter.

Before we closed down for the winter, we got all the down lights wired and working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lamps work.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	70153

The switch plate is from my Aqua Hot friends in Colorado. It matches the instrument panel at the front door.

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	70154

The hood surround is in brushed aluminum. It looks white here because the protective coating is still in place.

Name:   hood.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  10.3 KB

During the winter DavidsonOverlander is going to apply a grey laminate, to match the counter, to the top of the shelf. After that it’ll just take and hour or so next spring for the unit to be riveted into place in the trailer.

Sergei
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #569
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
more pictures?

I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures of the completed kitchen, it's looking fantastic. Could you also include some pictures of the completed gaucho area as well? The casework is some of the nicest I have seen. Thanks very much.

Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #570
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Le Grande Tour

Well Sergei, April rapidly approaches, so do you have any of your itenerary set? Looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing more about your plan for your maiden voyage!

Hope all is well with you and yours and that the winter treated you kindly.

Best,
-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #571
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Thanks for reminding me about this Marcus.

I am also interested to know how all is going. Please fill us in Sergei.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #572
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Has anyone heard from Sergei? I'm hopeful he was able to get out on the road in April as he had planned.

Sergei, if you read this, please drop us a line and let us know how you're doing! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you and this amazing rig out on the road!

-Marcus
Old 05-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #573
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing and like magic this thread resurfaced. This has been a wonderful "blog" of the trailer rebirth. I'm hoping there will soon be a new "ships log" of the travels.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #574
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
I know he's planning on coming to Vancouver. I keep hoping he'll announce his arrival so I can see his rig in person!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #575
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Sergei, I'm still planning on buying you some good New Haven pizza and some beer when you swing through Connecticut!! Keep me posted!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #576
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Hello again

Hello ya’ll, most especially Marcus, Skip, Bernie, Cameron and the others who’ve been asking after me.

A strange thing happened over the winter: my interest in the Argosy project has almost completely dried up.

Truth be told, the interest probably began to wane in my final months at Port Bruce, more than a year ago. Losing my accommodation there, having to scramble, everything taking three times as long to do as I once thought it would… it just wore me down.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed being back in the city. So much to do. The theatres. The spectacular new architecture. The neighborhoods. The energy of a big place.

I took the Mini down the Mississippi Blues Highway to Louisiana at Christmas and New Years. Places like ‘Nawlins, Memphis, Oxford and Natchez on the Mississippi, Detroit, Cincinnati, Louisville; they all have their charms and their places of interest but when you get back to TORONTO and walk in this big, pulsating place you say “ My God. We’ve got everything that those fabled cities have and much, MUCH, MORE”.

I’m not feeling as strong as usual but I did take the Argosy out of the barn this week, a month later than predicted.

I won’t be going out on the road anytime soon. A business problem in Toronto will keep me close to the city until it’s solved.

Name:	cattle 1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	81055

Name:	cattle 2.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	81056

Meanwhile, my trailer is under some big trees in front of the Cattle Barn at the Fairgrounds in the heart of Aylmer town. It’s a nice, secluded place were Vince will help me make the finishing touches to my rig.

Some people say that I’m more interested in building things than running them. Maybe there’s some truth in that.

There’s probably truth too in these words that Steve Earle sings in his FORT WORTH BLUES:

You used to say the highway was your home
But we both know that ain't true
It's just the only place a man can go
When he don't know where he's travelin' to

All the best,

Sergei
Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #577
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Great to hear from you!!! I understand. Sometimes a project can take you over. I had the same issue when working on my house. Big project!!! Complete kitchen, two baths, Living room, Dining Room. I ran out of gas, and haven't finished it all, but it is all presentable and only I notice the unfinished bits. I still have the upstairs to do.

I'll get to it, just as you will get to the Argy, in our own time. She looks so so sweet!!

Regards,
Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #578
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hi Sergei, so glad to hear from you. I know exactly what you mean, these major projects require an incredible amount of energy. I'm 6 months into a full frame-up restoration and hoping to finish up the back half of my trailer in the next couple of weeks so I can begin to enjoy it, not that the work itself hasn't been rewarding. Many times, when I've felt my energy lapse or my confidence drain, I've gone back through the Major Renovation threads here on the Forums, and I always find the necessary inspiration there. Your thread, this thread, is among my very favorites, and I have probably read it 6 or 7 times now in its entirety, not to mention the countless times I've gone to a specific post for a bit of reference.

I do hope you manage to get out and about if you still desire, and if you make it down to Austin, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I'd be delighted to share some margaritas and Tex-Mex and barbeque and beer with you.

Take Care,
-Marcus
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #579
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Thanks for the update Sergei. It sounds as though you are happy, and that's what is important.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #580
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Yo! I've been "sidelined" by reality this last year. I've been wanting to post to "from your door" since moving the Argosy 60' on our property. Lots & lots of things to do that prevent taking her on the road.

Great to hear from you Sergei. whenever you start your trip over to the left coast give a shout!