Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2021, 04:35 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Gold Hill , North Carolina
Bedding ideas for folding couch

Wondering if anyone has used Beddy's with a folding couch bed? Hoping to come up with an easier way to make the daily change over from bed to couch in our 22ft Argosy. Happened to see their advertisement recently. Also, looking for a suitable mattress cover to use when in the bed mode. any suggestions?
Thanks, Tom
n89217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:43 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Auburn , Washington
Sounds like this item might work for me. I have a full queen that I can't walk around and this Beddy might work. As for you...sorry I don't have any advice. I am not sure the Beddy would work since it has elastic all around. If you fold the bed in half I am thinking the bedding might pop off or it would pull against the cushions.

The bed type has been around for a long time so I am sure someone has a solution for it.

Dave
Biggmixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:05 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Beddy's

Thanks, biggmixx. I have the same concerns about how it would work when folded up. After much consideration, I have decided to give it a try. I've ordered the Twin bed size. For those who have folding beds, I will post a reply as to how well it works for us.
Tom
Old 04-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #4

Sarah , Sarah
Any update? How did it work out?
ssilvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:28 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
I did order the Beddy's Nautical Twin Bed size. It seems to be of very good quality.

The twin size fits over the couch seat and back rest very well. However, when folded into a bed, there is that back piece that is behind the couch (about a foot in width) that makes the bed width that much wider. Did not consider that before placing the order.

I have come up with what might make the bed position work okay. Requires using a "throw blanket" spread over the back piece ( mentioned above), and extended across the Beddy"s bottom sheet. That plus the pillows store nicely behind when in the couch configuration.

We are going camping in a couple weeks, and will see how it works out. Will reply after spending a week with that arrangement.
Tom
Old 04-10-2021, 06:16 AM   #6
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by n89217 View Post
Wondering if anyone has used Beddy's with a folding couch bed? Hoping to come up with an easier way to make the daily change over from bed to couch in our 22ft Argosy. Happened to see their advertisement recently. Also, looking for a suitable mattress cover to use when in the bed mode. any suggestions?
Thanks, Tom
We just used a light sleeping bag in the 'Frantic Banana'.

DW sewed two sheets into a sac, with one edge partially open, and stuffed it into the bag...just roll it up and put it away.

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:49 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
We had pillow cases made that mimic the material on the couch. During the day our sleep pillows go into those and make couch throw pillows. Our duvet cover and sheets go into a long slim bag of matching material and act like a couch bolster. It can then store on the couch or behind the front bed in the gap.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I've had queen size sleeping bags for years as "guest" bedding.
I believe the company got sold, mine has separate sheets that Velcro on to the sides of the bag with a continuous strip of Velcro.
Now called the RV Superbag, I think mine was a Travasak.

I have Beddys for my bed, but it's a different animal. First Beddys doesn't make any sizes other than the usual home size. It's a sleeping bag with the sheets permanently attached and a fitted sheet on the bottom to hold in place. I use the queen, and there's enough elastic to stay on the short queen, radiused corners. It may be an advantage because it gives you another 6" of foot room.

I suggested to Beddys that they work with AB Lifestyles and make RV sized Beddys. It's a small company (two ladies) so I don't think they'll branch out.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote