Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Centerville , Texas
Bathroom Closet Shelving

I am seeking ideas on putting shelving in the bathroom closet of our Argosy Minuet 6 Metre. We are not using this closet for hanging items and would like to add some shelving for linen storage, paper products, etc. I plan on checking out our local hardware this weekend, but if anyone has any ideas to get me started, it would be greatly appreciated.
duo_77340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
I used the wire shelving available at Home Depot. Just cut to fit. There are brackets that you can mount to the side walls of the closet and then just attach the shelves with plastic ties. Allows light to shine through shelves and air to circulate. More stable and roomier than those hanging cloth shelf units.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
I used an Elfa drawer system in our previous trailer and really liked how it functioned. Items didn't fall out when the door opened. We screwed it to the closet floor by drilling through the support frame. They come in three widths and a few heights.
The Container Store > elfa Custom Drawer Planner
Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Cape Coral , Florida
The bath closet in the 6 metre is somewhat of a problem for a storage unit. You have the curve of the dome and of the wall to deal with - plumbing and gray tank to the bottom left past the lower shelf - panel box to the rear and center - and a narrow door to boot. We use a hanging canvas sweater storage unit. The width and height were perfect for the space (see my pics), plus still had room on the bottom and the rod for other items. Also, easy to push aside to access the panel box. Downside is the contents sometimes spill out during travel - plan to sew on a wide horizontal flap to each "shelf" which could velcro shut to hold things in - but haven't gotten to it yet. Let's see if there is a better idea out there...

Geo...