Old 05-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #281
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quick Update. I am working on a new comprehensive Argosy database containing both trailers and motorhomes (including 1979 Airstream MHs) by merging previous lists and adding many new units based upon posts in multiple AirFourms threads. I am not ready to post the file yet, but think I have made a interesting discovery regarding Argosy trailers that I did not want to wait to share.

So far the data seems to show that in 1978-79 Versailles and Cerritos only built "narrow width" 20', 22', and 24' (6.0, 6.7, and 7.3 metre) Minuets and all 24', 27', and 30' "standard width" 1978-79 Argosies were built in Jackson Center.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Hi Brad,
I am interested in adding the Argosy's to the list that have been added to this thread since the last time 247stream, GoNomad, and you posted your lists. Would it be possible to share your file with me in some sort of editable format (e.g. Excel) rather than as uneditible images? If so, thanks in advance. We can exchange email addresses via PM or the AirForums email feature if you do not want to post it in the open. Thanks again.
Sure, I need to update the Motorhome list first however. I can provide it to you in spreadsheet format.

Thanks,

Brad

bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #283
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Sure, I need to update the Motorhome list first however. I can provide it to you in spreadsheet format.

Thanks,

Brad
Hi Brad,
Thanks in advance. I look forward to it.

I have basically already created your last posted version by OCR'ing the image files and then hand correcting the OCR output and then importing into Excel. Then I merged it with the last posted version of the Argosy VIN file from this thread and have added as many additional Argosy trailer and MH serial numbers as I have been able to turn up from a few AirForums threads, but you likely have found some new ones that I did not. I will eventually post my new version, but I am still actively working on it and do not want to post something that is not as complete as I can currently make it, knowing that a new version would be required within days.

Thanks again!
WBCCI/VAC #6768

Old 06-02-2020, 01:02 AM   #284
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Hi Brad,
Thanks in advance. I look forward to it.

I have basically already created your last posted version by OCR'ing the image files and then hand correcting the OCR output and then importing into Excel. Then I merged it with the last posted version of the Argosy VIN file from this thread and have added as many additional Argosy trailer and MH serial numbers as I have been able to turn up from a few AirForums threads, but you likely have found some new ones that I did not. I will eventually post my new version, but I am still actively working on it and do not want to post something that is not as complete as I can currently make it, knowing that a new version would be required within days.

Thanks again!
Hi Joe

I shared a link to this page on the new Airstream Motorhome Enthusiasts group on Facebook as there are quiet a few pre'79 motorhome owners on there. Hopefully a few will make contact with you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7597...0811760118729/
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #285
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Auburn , Washington
VIN number on my 30' A-30-A-8-S-5272
Biggmixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Thanks Biggmixx!

I also want to note the announcement of the new 1959-80 Airstream and Argosy Serial Number Decoder in this other thread:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f49...er-210031.html

The Argosy trailer and motor home portion of that decoder was largely created from the Argosy VIN Number database that was developed in this thread. Thanks, everyone!

But keep posting your serial numbers. There may be new details yet to learn.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #287
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Fredericksburg , Virginia
You can add me to the list 20D8V1490, 6 Metre Minuet

JackDuggan is offline   Reply With Quote

« 78 Argosy Rebuild | Top | - »