Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2002, 03:09 PM   #21
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Picture!!!

Look everybody, I finally got a Price tied to the chair!! This one I am putting here to show we actually have a trailer. Price is threatening to use Mini Driv'r for a recording studio if I don't lay off. I'm noticing that the picture makes the trailer look like it has rainbow tinting on the side. This picture was taken by PO so don't know why the camera he used created that effect. Leigh

Update, we now have some pics posted in the Member Gallery. Price had to go into our computer and change format to JPEG as they were taking way to long to upload in other format sent to us by PO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	argosy 7.jpg
Views:	2654
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	810  
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 06:46 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
WOW

I have to say that this is the first photo of an Argosy that I've seen with three windows on the side like yours. What does the inside look like? It looks in great shape, although are you sure it didn't come from Mexico? I've never seen so much sand from Canada? The Western beaches around here are all rock! I'm excited for you, I think "Mini" will give yu many years of pleasure. Please post interior shots when you have the chance (including that shiny new handle )
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 06:53 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
WOW

I have to say that this is the first photo of an Argosy that I've seen with three windows on the side like yours. What does the inside look like? It looks in great shape, although are you sure it didn't come from Mexico? I've never seen so much sand from Canada? The Western beaches around here are all rock! I'm excited for you, I think "Mini" will give yu many years of pleasure. Please post interior shots when you have the chance (including that shiny new handle )
Marc

Now I've had a chance to really look at your trailer's configuration - the water heater and battery are AHEAD of your wheels. In my Argosy, both are behind the wheels (battery and then water heater). Is your univolt in the front? (mines in the back bathroom closet. And is your fridge in the rear? (it looks like a fridge vent in the back roof area). Where is the baathroom? Yours also appears to have the TV antenna on the roof - I thought mine was an aftermarket item, but after seeing two different Argosy's with the same crank up feature, I guess it was an option. I don't really even like to watch TV, but for some reason, I'm just tickled by putting the antenna up and down. My wife just laughs at her "boy." (what can I say, I like toys!)
Very curious,
Marc
Old 11-11-2002, 06:56 PM   #24
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Yippee!

Hi Mark -- YES!! I just posted pics in the Members Photo forum. I'm so proud!!!

Another thread re Argosy's had much discussion on Argosy 22' & 24' Minuets. Ours is a 22'. Texas Minuet is also a 22' and there is now a 24' on board. We have the three windows on the streetside and an extra window on the curb front right next to the door (between door and front wrap window on that side. Hope you like the other pics posted. I will try more tomorrow. All we have right now were taken by PO. Our trailer is put away (2 1/2 hrs) from us, but we will go visit her soon and I will get pics of before and after with new handle . What a blast!! Leigh
Old 11-11-2002, 07:15 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy trailers

RE: Windows

Greetings Leigh!

The photos of your Minuet are fantastic. I concur that the extra windows do make a difference. It is a difference that you will really appreciate if you take the trailer to an International Rally. I had thought that the extra curbside window would be a nice addition when I was reviewing the literature. Any extra ventilation can be a boon during the typical hot spell at the peak of the International Rally - - every operable window was appreciated at the International Rally in Dayton, Ohio (1999).

I may finally get a few photos of my Minuet 6 Metre now that it is back home in my driveway.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 07:18 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Great pictures

Leigh,
Great pictures (and good work Price! - I hope you're untied now! ) Pictures are worth a million words. That is a really great layout in your trailer. I really like all the windows, must be bright! That is the one thing that attracted my wife and I to the Argosy line vs. the Airstream - we really liked the wrap around front windows and how they let in the light. I'll be working on our trailer over Thanksgiving - I'll take and post pictures then. I like the white tambor doors you have, and the wood looks lighter then the post -70's brown that we have. Currently, I'm sewing up the new cushions, and have plans to replace the table and countertops soon (then the fridge, install the new wood flooring that I bought on sale, buy a generator..........I have enough projects to keep me happy for a long time )
Marc
Old 11-12-2002, 08:37 AM   #27
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
I'm free...I'm free!!!

I have been a silent witness too long...Leigh has gotten my attention so many times to look at the pictures of everyone else's trailers, I decided that I would join in the revelry too!

I have much to learn, and this certainly seems like the right place to be to do that. So, by way of introduction I'll just say that I am clueless about some of the items/distinctions of Mini. Like the Univolt...I haven't found it yet because I don't know what it does or what it looks like. I DO know about the AC/DC transformer (which is under the front goucho on the streetside, by the water pump and battery compartment, and the breaker box is located above the refrigerator, in a cabinet, on the streetside. What does the Univolt look like? Do all Argosy's have them?

Next, the TV antenna...I'm like you, I probably will never use a TV in the trailer, but our kids will DIE if they don't get to. I have tried to pull the crank handle down, as instructed, but it doesn't move. Do I need to climb up on the roof and undo some fasterner or something?

Did Leigh mention that we are going to put a cork floor in Mini? It's light weight and waterproof (when sealed properly) and has a natural look to it. PLus the added benefit of not trapping sand and other unmentionable substances..did I mention the kids?

Well, that's my two cents worth for now, but...like Arnold says...I'll be back!

Price

p.s. I still want to put a recording studio in Mini!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy trailers

RE: Minuet Anatomy

Greetings Price!

Quote:
Like the Univolt...I haven't found it yet because I don't know what it does or what it looks like. I DO know about the AC/DC transformer (which is under the front goucho on the streetside, by the water pump and battery compartment, and the breaker box is located above the refrigerator, in a cabinet, on the streetside. What does the Univolt look like?
You have already found the Univolt. Univolt is the term that Airstream/Argosy uses to describe its version of the AC/DC transformer or power converter.

Quote:
Next, the TV antenna...I'm like you, I probably will never use a TV in the trailer, but our kids will DIE if they don't get to. I have tried to pull the crank handle down, as instructed, but it doesn't move. Do I need to climb up on the roof and undo some fasterner or something?
It shouldn't be necessary to climb onto the roof to release the TV antenna. It is possible, however, that a previous owner may have tied the unit down for some reason - - possibly stripped gears. It is possible that the controls may be frozen or stripped. The gears that operate the antenna should still be available from most well-stocked RV dealers. I know that I have seen them at my regular dealer's when I have been shopping for parts. It might be worth spraying some lubricant around the control shafts to see if that helps to free up the mechanism.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:25 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Greetings Price

You did find the "univolt", it hums when plugged in (the AC/DC converter). I don't know about your tv antenna, but to raise/lower mine, I just crank the lever clockwise/counterclockwise, I don't have to pull down the handle. "Tuning" the antenna involves rotating the outer/lower circle underneath the crank after the antenna is up. A recording studio would be fun - but how would you keep the kids from playing with the mixer levels? Good thing I don't live close by, I like to play with levers too! I took a recording class in college, what fun! The cork floor should look great - I saw the other threads on others floors, and they look fantastic. I won't blame our children on tracking in things, my wife and I do a good enough job that the kids just add to the stuff. I can't wait for the wood floor to go in (Ikea floor - like Pergo). Have a great winter!
Marc
Old 11-13-2002, 09:41 AM   #30
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hello Guys - Price said to tell you Thanks for the Univolt info. (I won't let him have the computer back!!

Marc
I was going to have Price tell you about the sand, but he forgot before posting. The PO lives outside Vancouver, up by Lake Huron. He has some secret little finger of sand on the Lake that they visit every year. Price picked up the trailer and asked about the pic when he was there because he thought Mini might have traveled to Mexico or Florida for that photo too, but no, it was there in Canada. PO says he will take us there if we ever bring Mini back for a visit. Price said Canada was beautiful!! Leigh
Old 11-13-2002, 11:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Sand

O.k. - now I'm excited! I'll have to break out the maps to try and figure out 1) where the Lake is 2) what campsite is close by. I do remember now that the west side of Vancouver did have a sandy beach, but I don't recall any camping sites close by. I thought by "Canada" that Mini came from the Calgary/Baniff area. Shucks, Mini was in my (BIG) Pacific NW backyard! Thanks for the tip!
Marc
Old 11-13-2002, 02:03 PM   #32
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Wwhat did I say???

Marc - I am in outer space today!!!!! Lake Huron is on east side (Michigan area) and I meant Toronto, not Vancouver!! SSSSoooo SSSSorry!! Thats what I get for not using map myself. Do you suppose they will take my rivets away for being such a goof?? Leigh

PS Read my post on "treat post" I need answers to my most important questions.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:52 AM   #33

Argosy manual

Are you offering your 1978 Argosy owner manual for sale? If so, at what price.
Thanks,
glenn
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:43 AM   #34

Argosy Manual

We just sold our 1977-78 Argosy Minuet and cannot find the owner's manual (we JUST had it within the last month) and told the new owner we would supply him with it. Do you still have the manual and if so, how much are you asking?
Sunny and Ron
Old 07-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Republic , Missouri
Hi, I'm new here too. I bought my first camper last week. A 1976 Argosy 26'(I think it's 26" anyway). This thing is painted primer gray and kitchen, fridge and shower was ripped out. I got it for a song and am in the process of renovating to use for camping. I have always loved these campers and am very excited to own a piece of this history. Currently getting rid of the mouse poop and smell with. Next I hit the bath to put it new shower then flooring and paint inside and out.
fixer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Republic , Missouri

Name:	argosy1.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	136301

Name:	argosy2.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	136302

Name:	argosy3.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	136303

Name:	argosy5.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	136304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer76 View Post
hi, i'm new here too. I bought my first camper last week. A 1976 argosy 26'(i think it's 26" anyway). This thing is painted primer gray and kitchen, fridge and shower was ripped out. I got it for a song and am in the process of renovating to use for camping. I have always loved these campers and am very excited to own a piece of this history. Currently getting rid of the mouse poop and smell with. Next i hit the bath to put it new shower then flooring and paint inside and out.
fixer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #37

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer76 View Post
Hi, I'm new here too. I bought my first camper last week. A 1976 Argosy 26'(I think it's 26" anyway). This thing is painted primer gray and kitchen, fridge and shower was ripped out. I got it for a song and am in the process of renovating to use for camping. I have always loved these campers and am very excited to own a piece of this history. Currently getting rid of the mouse poop and smell with. Next I hit the bath to put it new shower then flooring and paint inside and out.

Welcome new Argonaut! It looks like a 26 to me. You definitely have a project on your hand, but you'll be able to make it just what what you want without feeling bad about changing a classic, since the previous owner did a thorough de-classic job on it. You'll find plenty of information and help on here, I know I have.

Any idea what that tripod thingo is above the first window on the streetside? Some git-er-done antenna mount?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote