Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
1993 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Mound City , Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Catfisherman
Argosy Trailer Question

I am looking at purchasing an 1987 Argosy 32 foot trailer. Does anyone own one that can tell me more about them. What problems they have, What I should look at before purchasing etc. The unit appears to be in excellent condition however, I am not looking forward to a 500 road trip to obtain the unit without prior knowledge of these type of units - I believed called a squarestream.
Catfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I don't know much about Squarestreams, but will add this link so you can do more research. About haveway down in the "Squarestream post" is a link to another site that has much info about Airstream thru the years and toward the bottom of that 2nd site is info about the Squarestream. Also, by using the SEARCH button above, and putting in "squarestream" you will get several threads with various comments about them. Good luck.

Squarestream

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I've never owned one, but understand that they are very nice units - the only negitive I've heard about them is Airstream built a great unit but did not support them very well so they went away. Parts may be a little hard to come by, however, if you are resourseful, you should be about to find parts that will work.

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
I don't know anything about him, but Don Reasons a traveling pianist bought a Squarestream with the intention of full-timing in it.

His website is at http://www.calldon.com/air.htm , but it doesn't appear to have been updated in years.
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:47 AM   #5
Jim Rogers

Jonesboro , Arkansas
look for leaks

check the seam that is on top, that runs from front to back,on each side of the trailer.....if it wasn't recalled and repaired,it proably has leaked.....or will leak....check inside closet,and along the walls inside..we have owned 2....one had been recalled and didn't have leaks...one did and wasn't very easy to repair...
jimrogers is offline   Reply With Quote