Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Here is the outsidel Had trouble uploading the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	17584  
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Collettsville , North Carolina
juel,
It looks good. I got my floor in Tuesday and headed out to Florida Wed morning. Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03114.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	17626  
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
i stayed in Raysville, Ga Tuesday night. Pulled in after dark. I had the whole lake CG to myself. The pics show us about 25 feet from the waters edge.
We got to Fla yesterday and had a down pour this afternoon. I have 3 rain leaks I need to repair. I also found a couple plumbing leaks which will be an easy fix.
mtnman
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03122.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	17628   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03123.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	17629  

Old 01-13-2006, 05:42 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
looks great,,, bet you are having lots of fun,,,
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
So cute. You have done a great job. Wish I had some rain here in Oklahoma to check for leaks. I'm just busy guarding my Argosy from the wild fires. Got the sprinkler ready for 40+mph winds tomorrow. Have fun down there.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
We are finally doing what we like to do, camp and ride dual sport motorcycles. We got to ride about 80 miles of forest roads today in the Apalachicola National Forest about 25 miles south south of Tallahassee. There is a group of dual sport riders here that organized this ride. We are camped in a YMCA camp. Camping cost $8.00 per day per person and includes 2 meals a day! I will try and get some more pics tomorrow of this place. There are about 30 people here with bikes. I will be back home working on the AS project by Tuesday.
mtnman
Old 01-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
We have the whole shower house to ourselves in Florida!
mtnman
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
VERY NICE ... interesting that you are posting in the argosy trailer area...

Dan
nor-cal
team argosy
Old 01-25-2006, 03:58 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
OK, I got my furnace going this past weekend. I got it re-installed back into the Argosy last night and it works perfect!!
mtnman
Old 03-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
A/C works great! I took my second trip to Florida and got to try the A/C out. I cant believe how well it works after sitting idle for 10 years. When I first turned it on it made a heck of a noise and then after about 1 minute it started to settle down and kick out some ice cold air. The Armstrong ACs must be good equipment.
mtnman
Old 03-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #31
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman
A/C works great! I took my second trip to Florida and got to try the A/C out. I cant believe how well it works after sitting idle for 10 years. When I first turned it on it made a heck of a noise and then after about 1 minute it started to settle down and kick out some ice cold air. The Armstrong ACs must be good equipment.
mtnman
They are. If you get a good one (and it looks like you did) you should do everything possible to keep it going, and not replace it if something breaks on it.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
We have just about got this coach the way we like it. We just got back from Kentucky doing some ATV riding in Harlan County. Free riding area, Free camping with full hook-up. Evarts, Ky lets you ride your ATV into town for supplies, pretty nice. We had a check valve to go out but that was an easy fix when I got home. We have our bed set up in the front and never take it down, we have found this to work well for us. We extended the pull out some and installed a full size futon mattress, 8 inches thick and very comfortable. I will try to post a pic soon.
mtnman
Old 04-12-2006, 05:16 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Congratulations. Aren't these cream Airstreams just the neatest things. I'm hooked on them myself. Where are those pictures?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pic of front bed

Here is a pic of the front bed.
mtnman
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2006, 05:39 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
12 volt question. Can you run a 12 volt stand along charger at the same time your univolt is running? Will there be any damage to charger, univolt or battery?
mtnman
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #36
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
I'm surprised no one's answer yet, Floyd.

Why are you wanting to do this?

Scott
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
12 volt question. Can you run a 12 volt stand along charger at the same time your univolt is running? Will there be any damage to charger, univolt or battery?
mtnman
I ran a battery tender .2 amp for a long time... No problrm here
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
OK, here is what has happen:
My converter is old; it is the original univolt converter in my 1979 Airstream. The univolt converter will only put out 11 volts while using my Kawasaki generator on the low setting of 1200 watts. The univolt converter will only put out 12 volts with the generator running on high setting of 1400 watts. The univolt converter will put out 13.25 volts on when I am hooked up to 110 30amp service, which is normal.

I thought I needed a new converter since I was only getting 11 volts from charging using my generator. I had no idea the converter needed more power to put out 12-13 volts? I called to get a new converter and I talk to the sales person about the generator situation. He stated that even with the newer model converters I may still need to run my generator on the high setting of 1400 watts to get the newer converter to charge at the proper voltage. He stated that he had several complaints from customers about the smaller generators not charging through the newer model converters.

With that information here is what I decided to do.
Since my converter is ok with 30amp 110 service, I will be able to use the old univolt converter while I am setting in a cg hooked up to 110 volt AC power. I can simply disconnect my new 3-stage charger and set it the closet for later.

If am boondocking (we do 90% dry camping) and when I need to recharge my battery with the generator, I can pull my new charger out of the closet and plug it in and it will charge my battery at 15+ volts with the 3 stage charger and all this will take place while my kawasaki generator runs at a very slow quite idle at the low setting of 1200 watts.

Since my last post I also decided to install a switch to disconnect the converter while using the generator to recharge my battery. This way I do not have both charging at the same time now.

To make it simple, I use the generator/charger combination while boondocking and I will use the converter when I am hooked up to 30amp 110 service.

What do you think of this set up?
mtnman
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
ReCharging the Coach Battery

MtnMan,
It seems you have the perfect answer to your own question. I think this should work out fine. I just wanted to add, is solar recharging of the coach battery anything you would want to consider? There are many threads on this subject.
Kevin
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
OK, here is what has happen:
My converter is old; it is the original univolt converter in my 1979 Airstream. The univolt converter will only put out 11 volts while using my Kawasaki generator on the low setting of 1200 watts. The univolt converter will only put out 12 volts with the generator running on high setting of 1400 watts. The univolt converter will put out 13.25 volts on when I am hooked up to 110 30amp service, which is normal.

I thought I needed a new converter since I was only getting 11 volts from charging using my generator. I had no idea the converter needed more power to put out 12-13 volts? I called to get a new converter and I talk to the sales person about the generator situation. He stated that even with the newer model converters I may still need to run my generator on the high setting of 1400 watts to get the newer converter to charge at the proper voltage. He stated that he had several complaints from customers about the smaller generators not charging through the newer model converters.

With that information here is what I decided to do.
Since my converter is ok with 30amp 110 service, I will be able to use the old univolt converter while I am setting in a cg hooked up to 110 volt AC power. I can simply disconnect my new 3-stage charger and set it the closet for later.

If am boondocking (we do 90% dry camping) and when I need to recharge my battery with the generator, I can pull my new charger out of the closet and plug it in and it will charge my battery at 15+ volts with the 3 stage charger and all this will take place while my kawasaki generator runs at a very slow quite idle at the low setting of 1200 watts.

Since my last post I also decided to install a switch to disconnect the converter while using the generator to recharge my battery. This way I do not have both charging at the same time now.

To make it simple, I use the generator/charger combination while boondocking and I will use the converter when I am hooked up to 30amp 110 service.

What do you think of this set up?
mtnman
I will tell out front, I am for getting rid of old Univolts.
The reasoning is: The Old Ferro-Reasonant type chargers like the Univolt are inefficiant (55 to 70% efficiant) constant voltage chargers and must compromise on charge quality due to the inability "tend" the battery. The newer chargers are up to 95% efficiant in there power conversion. Using switched mode supplies allow a wide range of input voltage operation. They are smart and have the ability to "tend" the battery by changeing the battery voltage to fit the need, float, equalize, storage mode, and desulfiteing voltages. They will take better care of your battery so it will last longer unlike the "Old Battery Boilers". Look into it, your generator will handle most brands of this type of charger.