Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Yes, I feel very lucky to have found one so close to what I was looking for and so quickly...it must have been meant to be!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3957.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	509.6 KB
ID:	312424

The rear end sat a bit low, but I think the hitch height was an inch or 2 high and the Jeep’s suspension kept wanting to go in “off road” mode when I parked which only made it appear worse.

Other than needing a bath, some new axles and the normal signs of mice on the inside, I didn’t have any initial indications of frame or subfloor issues...but I haven’t probed too deeply yet as we were in a rush to get back on the road.

The prior owner to the seller had done an extensive update back in 2000 including a paint job and appears to have installed a small solar panel (I don’t think those were available from the factory in 1979).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3960.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	666.3 KB
ID:	312425

One of my wheel caps came off at a gas stop...my kids thought I was nuts for running back to fetch it. I was disappointed to find it said “made in China” on the inside so I’m guessing their not as original as I thought.

The door seems stiff to open and doesn’t swing freely with out some force (not excessive) to push it open, so maybe there’s some binding going on there. The seller also got locked inside at one point so there’s some work to be done on the handle and interior door skin. Otherwise the interior after a good cleaning and replacing the carpet should be camp ready for the summer while the 26’ work goes on.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
I’ve put the ‘75 26’ Argosy rear bath / twin for sale in the classifieds.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...y-26-virginia/