Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
Alamogordo , New Mexico
26' 1972 Rear Bath to mid bath

Hello everyone! So, I'm going to do it. I simply love the prospect of having a rear bedroom, and so I shall. I have a tank question for anyone who chooses to jump in. First, I will not have a black tank because I am going to get a Nature's Head (saving up the money starts now ). Since I want to relocate the bathroom to mid, I will need to install a gray tank. I am thinking of someplace near the wheel wells on the street side. This will be for the shower, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink only. My kitchen sink will be directly ahead of the bathroom. Roughly what size tank will I need? Do you think I can find a gray tank that will drain below the exterior belt line but NOT under the trailer? I know I've read about a source for tanks on the forums, and I think the company name starts with an "I."

Background: Front 1/3 of sub floor already replaced. Mid floor was in good shape. Main sub-floor of bathroom is solid (plywood looks nearly new), but I suspect some issues under the tub (in both rear corners of the coach). I am stating this because I'm well aware of the floor issues, so no need for comments on that. Thanks to anyone who can provide photos or advice!
BentMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Newnan , Georgia
Good luck with your project! I'd love a center bath, but not much room to do that in a 20footer.

VTS sells an assortment of holding tanks for custom applications. Some as shallow as 4" and you can have them install fittings wherever you like in them.
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/category-s/218.htm
fluxcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
Alamogordo , New Mexico
Thank you

I have used Vintage Trailer for many things. I'll talk with them about it. I remembered the other place. It's called Inca Plastics. Love those Minuets!
BentMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Do you have a sketch of you mid bath layout? Any progress to report? Considering the same for ours.