Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
cave city , Kentucky
22' Argosy

I know this is something I should find out for myself, but can any one, with experience, please give me their opinion on how comfortable a 1976 Argosy 22' with an L shaped couch in the middle & a couch up front is? How many adults could it sleep? Also are there any known particular problems with that particular trailer I should be aware of? I thank you in advance - you are nice people. My wife & I have been searching for an Airstream for a while. I hope we find one. We live in Kentucky & there's not so many around here. Maybe we're get lucky - even a blind hog find an acorn every once in a while. We're not so far from retirement & we want to travel. It seems to me one of the best things about owning an Airstream, is the people that own Airstreams. By the way, is an Argosy considered by everyone an Airstream - would we be weclomed at an Airstream Campground?
unit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I don't have the side dinette that you speak of, but I can tell you that my 22 was comfortable enough for my wife, son and dog for about a year. Then the Boy got too big (and active while sleeping), so we got the Overlander. Keep in mind I am 6'5" and thick too, so I had one of the couches to myself. Which meant my wife had to bunk with our son.

My layout is a couch (gaucho) in front and a gaucho on the street side (opposite the door). This set up is very comfortable. you can check my link to photos in my signature to get an idea of what I mean.

The previous owner of mine was an older couple that used it for many years and loved the layout. I think for two people a 22 is a near perfect size.

Good luck with your search
Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
The floorplan you mention isn't all that common - although I've seen two of them for sale recently. One of them just sold in the Classifieds - I would private message arcamedies (the seller of that trailer) with your questions.

The other one is up in London Ontario at CanAm RV Centre, where I wound up buying my Minuet.

I've been inside one of these - it's a nice floorplan. Very open. The main reservation I have with it is that you wind up making the bed (either dropping the couch or the dinette) each night - that is the main thing that would drive us to a different trailer than our Argosy. I'm curious if there is enough room for a good-sized fixed bed across the front of that floorplan.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
ALUMINUM OBSSESSION

1993 34' Limited
Hamilton , Ontario
Not sure how far you will travel to buy an airstream !!! However you could check the Kijiji Classifieds. There are a number of airstream listings there!!
An Argosy is considered an airstream.
william Haym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
I just sold one , moving up to a larger one in Florida, and I likes the openess of the rig, very comfortable. The beds are full size, some folks have to have a king and some a twin will work if you're real cozy ;O) Other than that, towed great with an FJ Cruiser. Like they say you have to decide after getting into several.
arcamedies is offline   Reply With Quote